• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
La Nina a warm early winter and easing of the Brazil drought

While many standard forecast models were predicting an east based La Nina Modoki, our Climate Predict program has been saying a standard, strong and full La Nina would develop this winter.

One can see that as of the end of last month, the MEI index was in the moderate La Nina category with a value of -1.40. Notice how Nino12 is cooler than Nino34. This implies a standard, not

east based La Nina. Feel free to go to climatepredict.com and play with my software for free

109270440_ScreenShot2021-10-20at9_25_15AM.png.1c011acab66acbf2a6b0ab8591813aad.png

SOURCE: JIM ROEMER'S SOFTWARE CLIMATEPREDICT.COM

Anyway, many weather forecasters are calling for a cold United States. winter. However, La Nina events like 2011 and 2012 were very warm winters across the United States. There were

some recent exceptions--I.E. the winter of 2010-2011 that has extreme cold. Nevertheless, Climate Change and a warming Arctic may prevent a consistently cold winter.

The big news the next week or so will be a huge western snowstorm for higher elevations and drought easing rains from the Pacific NW to Northern California. This is typical of a La Nina, in October or November. 

In the mean time, feel free to go to one of my latest blogs and see a video here about how La Nina is affecting winter weather and the easing of the historic drought in Brazil

Jim Roemer