• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter 2021-2022 Digital Snow Thread

NorthArlington101

Welcome to a place for weenies to share snow maps and fantasy storms that will never happen... unless they do, of course. Renew those model subscriptions and get to obsessively tracking those storms that are 16 days out. They say the big ones lock in early...

Kicking us off for the season is a nice little run of the 00z EPS control. Still room for this to trend better! digitalsnow.png.efd8eef0e76726b3c0fff72034bd7c24.png

• Like 4
  • Weenie 2

1 hour ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Welcome to a place for weenies to share snow maps and fantasy storms that will never happen... unless they do, of course. Renew those model subscriptions and get to obsessively tracking those storms that are 16 days out. They say the big ones lock in early...

Kicking us off for the season is a nice little run of the 00z EPS control. Still room for this to trend better! digitalsnow.png.efd8eef0e76726b3c0fff72034bd7c24.png

I love the look of lower Pennsylvania. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

2 hours ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

My prediction for each airport on digital snow (largest GFS/Euro avg per storm)

IAD 215”

DCA 168”

BWI 187”

RIC 4”

Someone should actually tally this, I've been meaning to do it for years. Take like a next 72 hours snowfall total,  every 72 hours, and tally it up all winter long

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, midatlanticweather said:

prateptype_cat.us_ma.png

Even though that would be a little bit useful for them, I don’t see Snowshoe opening by their target date this year (Nov. 24). Looks too warm. Unless they can really get snowmaking going, I’ll doubt it. Who knows though, hard to tell what the temperatures are like up there sometimes.

58 minutes ago, Rhino16 said:

Even though that would be a little bit useful for them, I don’t see Snowshoe opening by their target date this year (Nov. 24). Looks too warm. Unless they can really get snowmaking going, I’ll doubt it. Who knows though, hard to tell what the temperatures are like up there sometimes.

Nov 24 is an eternity away

• Like 1

And to add on to that .. May and November are the real months of change. In May you can start the month and it actually feel like winter. It’s not a stretch to have daytime temps in the 40’s or 50’s to start the month and no problem at all to have temps in the 90’s pushing 100 at the end. Same for November. You can start as summer and be frozen by the end.

23 hours ago, SnowenOutThere said:

The latest GFS run for 18z had colder temps but the low got depressed off the coast. The end had a strong cold front and then a Hurricane moving north and possibly getting wrapped up in it. 

Looks all baroclinic to me. Just a gorgeous fall nor’easter/cutoff.

On 10/22/2021 at 8:04 PM, SnowenOutThere said:

The latest GFS run for 18z had colder temps but the low got depressed off the coast. The end had a strong cold front and then a Hurricane moving north and possibly getting wrapped up in it. 

12 hours ago, frd said:

A good sign moving forward despite knowing we are battling a Nina in a warmer background state.  Coastal action is welcome sign.  

I was surprised to see this morning on the phase chart that this low might actually be warm core at some point. NHC giving 20% odds of development now lol.

21 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I was surprised to see this morning on the phase chart that this low might actually be warm core at some point. NHC giving 20% odds of development now lol.

It would appear this will take on a hybrid structure and deepen rapidly along the offshore baroclinic zone. 

• Like 1