• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Which city has the worst weather?

JasmineReedTheAuthor

I wonder if this new user is a writer doing research ... ( risking inflating egos by merely asking lol) 

Go into a domain that's essentially a crisscrossing of societal sentiment tracks like grand central "statements" ...then write a noir novel in the 'worse city' imaginable, painted in the colors of sensible weather doom from the pallet here.   Maybe even lifting some turns of phrases ( "borrowed" ) when cobbling of their own smithing.   

Just staring in a moment of lax responsibility, thumb rubbing the handle of my coffee mug, when the oddity struck me in a transients of irrelevant curiosity.  I mean, one joins a social media and the very first introduction is no introduction at all - it's an information fishing really. 

Doesn't mean it's "fishy" either.  But no, 'long lurker first time poster,' or 'hey guys, just joined so sorry for the newb question.'  Pick the intro cliche'.    Straight to the gathering of information, "What city has the worst weather,"  perhaps only cloaked as just another weather-centric S.A.D. case. Loaded question designed to evoke honest longer winded sentiments that ultimately foster ideas in the researcher. 

This is actually not an unheard of practice.  Lots of leading questions that are innocuously innocent get placed in Facebook (for example) timelines by people that have friended you, yet like so many of us..we have collected along the way these people we really have less idea who they really are, or how in the hell they ended up in our friend catalogue. And these inquests are often vaporous like that - 'What is the most remote, far away land of longing you can imagine being left to think of home...home home.."  And they are innocent ... I mean, compared to using hate and fake news divisively, what's the harm in merely cratering a moment of one's mood?  But if it is a research bid, ...merely masquerading as commiseration-seeking, do we get social engineering credits in the back-cover their best seller?  haha

On 10/15/2021 at 9:17 AM, Typhoon Tip said:

I wonder if this new user is a writer doing research ... ( risking inflating egos by merely asking lol) 

Go into a domain that's essentially a crisscrossing of societal sentiment tracks like grand central "statements" ...then write a noir novel in the 'worse city' imaginable, painted in the colors of sensible weather doom from the pallet here.   Maybe even lifting some turns of phrases ( "borrowed" ) when cobbling of their own smithing.   

Just staring in a moment of lax responsibility, thumb rubbing the handle of my coffee mug, when the oddity struck me in a transients of irrelevant curiosity.  I mean, one joins a social media and the very first introduction is no introduction at all - it's an information fishing really. 

Doesn't mean it's "fishy" either.  But no, 'long lurker first time poster,' or 'hey guys, just joined so sorry for the newb question.'  Pick the intro cliche'.    Straight to the gathering of information, "What city has the worst weather,"  perhaps only cloaked as just another weather-centric S.A.D. case. Loaded question designed to evoke honest longer winded sentiments that ultimately foster ideas in the researcher. 

This is actually not an unheard of practice.  Lots of leading questions that are innocuously innocent get placed in Facebook (for example) timelines by people that have friended you, yet like so many of us..we have collected along the way these people we really have less idea who they really are, or how in the hell they ended up in our friend catalogue. And these inquests are often vaporous like that - 'What is the most remote, far away land of longing you can imagine being left to think of home...home home.."  And they are innocent ... I mean, compared to using hate and fake news divisively, what's the harm in merely cratering a moment of one's mood?  But if it is a research bid, ...merely masquerading as commiseration-seeking, do we get social engineering credits in the back-cover their best seller?  haha

http://jasminereedtheauthor.weebly.com/learn-about-the-author.html

I enjoyed the visit.