Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
“Let’s Talk Winter”

Steve

12 hours ago, chuckster2012 said:

Yeah, same here. Looks like two chances in about a week but who knows atp..?

Looks like there is an initial storm around Tuesday that will be a rainer for most....   it's what happens after that.   All the models are showing that once the first storm goes through the baroclinic zone sinks south of us and the gulf opens up again.   Looks like a possible chance of a nice overrunning event later next week.    6z euro ens shows this as well now.   

All caveats are possible....  if return flow is stronger with a stronger low, we warm tongue.... if front pushes further south we smoke cirrus.    I'm feeling good for something wintry, hopefully not ice though.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, buckeye said:

Looks like there is an initial storm around Tuesday that will be a rainer for most....   it's what happens after that.   All the models are showing that once the first storm goes through the baroclinic zone sinks south of us and the gulf opens up again.   Looks like a possible chance of a nice overrunning event later next week.    6z euro ens shows this as well now.   

All caveats are possible....  if return flow is stronger with a stronger low, we warm tongue.... if front pushes further south we smoke cirrus.    I'm feeling good for something wintry, hopefully not ice though.

Let’s do this….more sleet! LOL

• Haha 1

Too early to call.  We have a rain storm that has to go first.  My gut says this trends southeast.  Another positively tilted trough opening up as it heads east with a fairly weak storm/wave riding the front.  Also pretty decent banana high in place.

I just saw the 12zUkmet just crushed the storm into nonexistence.  

1 hour ago, buckeye said:

Too early to call.  We have a rain storm that has to go first.  My gut says this trends southeast.  Another positively tilted trough opening up as it heads east with a fairly weak storm/wave riding the front.  Also pretty decent banana high in place.

I just saw the 12zUkmet just crushed the storm into nonexistence.  

GFS seems to be trending towards Euro. Then Euro has another little wave for Monday that gives a minor accumulation. That Monday one is probably one that either gets us a little something or gets squashed completely. 

10 hours ago, Gino27 said:

Columbus has been pretty lucky with avoiding ice storms recently. Not sure our luck will keep going this week.

Maybe we will just get a sloppy mix with periods of rain, snow, sleet, freezing rain, etc. so that we don't get too much of one thing. I would rather have good old fashioned snow rather than anything else, but anything is better than an ice storm of any kind. 

* I used to work in rehab and we were always packed with patients after ice storms...many broken arms and legs, sometimes even broken hips, but more than anything there were broken wrists-it is just out of instinct that people  try to break their falls with their arms/hands.

NO to ice!