Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
“Let’s Talk Winter”

Steve

2 hours ago, dilly84 said:

Apple Valley Lake frozen over and snow covered 

Nice pics.  I'll be kind and not bump those first few posts from you and pondo yesterday morning :P

So now it's time for the post tracking blues made worse by an extended that has nothing but cold and dry for the next 10 days.   I hear JB says winter dies in 3 weeks.   If he's saying it, it's probably a good bet since he never forecasts winter's end this early.   I'm ok with that, AS LONG AS WE GO ABOVE NORMAL TEMPS.   CAD in late Feb into spring is miserable.

1 hour ago, buckeye said:

Nice pics.  I'll be kind and not bump those first few posts from you and pondo yesterday morning :P

So now it's time for the post tracking blues made worse by an extended that has nothing but cold and dry for the next 10 days.   I hear JB says winter dies in 3 weeks.   If he's saying it, it's probably a good bet since he never forecasts winter's end this early.   I'm ok with that, AS LONG AS WE GO ABOVE NORMAL TEMPS.   CAD in late Feb into spring is miserable.

I knew all along & tried to tell you guys to be patient! :D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, buckeye said:

It was really bad for newark, which is right below me. I got lucky. For many, what was supposed to be a good snow, wasn't. I, however, cant complain. I probably got 8 or 9" from it

2 hours ago, buckeye said:

Was just talking to some people about this very thing. Maybe we squeeze one more storm in during this upcoming cold and dry pattern, plus a clipper or two, but overall things look to heading towards winter wrapping up. I’m sure we’ll see some nuisance snows in spring but I’ve been killing for a decent stretch of severe weather. 

48 minutes ago, dilly84 said:

It was really bad for newark, which is right below me. I got lucky. For many, what was supposed to be a good snow, wasn't. I, however, cant complain. I probably got 8 or 9" from it

It's not too bad. We got about 3 or 4 inches of sleet with a couple of inches of snow on top. Probably will stick around longer than snow. :P

And if we get a robust clipper or two over the next week or so then we have at shot at matching this storm's totals for us. lol

1 hour ago, vespasian70 said:

It's not too bad. We got about 3 or 4 inches of sleet with a couple of inches of snow on top. Probably will stick around longer than snow. :P

And if we get a robust clipper or two over the next week or so then we have at shot at matching this storm's totals for us. lol

That's good then my snow and sleet call was really close for even you guys.

Well, I thought this was finally gonna be the one to put cmh over 6 inches for the first time in years. But alas...

A little disappointed in the final result for mby, but still a fun one to track. My take-away: don't underestimate the NAM when it come to p-type issues. It has a knack for sniffing out those thermal layers... 

1 hour ago, jaf316 said:

Well, I thought this was finally gonna be the one to put cmh over 6 inches for the first time in years. But alas...

A little disappointed in the final result for mby, but still a fun one to track. My take-away: don't underestimate the NAM when it come to p-type issues. It has a knack for sniffing out those thermal layers... 

Airport and Bexley are on the eastside which made a huge difference.   Big difference in totals from nw Franklin county to se Franklin county.

Interestingly my daughter and  her fiance came in from Clinton township Michigan which is north of Detroit and they said we have more snow then them.

8 hours ago, iluvsnow said:

Almost a carbon copy set up with a huge swath of freezing rain/sleet preceding copious amounts of snow....all for the same areas as last storm. It'll change by 18z....too far out to get worked up....yet.

Are you talking about that front at 192 hours out west? That's as far as my GFS goes..