Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
“Let’s Talk Winter”

Steve

Just now, vespasian70 said:

Well, I can't recall ever having 3" of sleet....maybe with some snow on top it won't be too bad. Lol

That's why on my call map I put snow plus sleet for totals. I knew the area I circled would be a pain. If you can squeeze out 2 or 3 inches of snow it'll last a while lol

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, dilly84 said:

Sucks guys. Based on being just a county north of you, I feel extremely lucky now. There is just like a bubble of warm air over you. Has to be. The worst part is every radar has you guys in snow.

I'm not sure I want to know the answer... but how much have you gotten? 

Just now, jaf316 said:

Just now, jaf316 said:

A guess, probably 5" since 4:45 when it changed over. Hard to tell though. Lots of drifting. The sleet, in that sense was good to have so it's not bare grass where it blows the snow lol

2 minutes ago, dilly84 said:

A guess, probably 5" since 4:45 when it changed over. Hard to tell though. Lots of drifting. The sleet, in that sense was good to have so it's not bare grass where it blows the snow lol

Just went out. I'd guess 6" to 6.5 with the sleet. But it's just blowing everywhere so hard to get any kind of measurement. I have a better spot to measure protected by the wind, but I'm not walking out there tonight. 

2 minutes ago, dilly84 said:

Just went out. I'd guess 6" to 6.5 with the sleet. But it's just blowing everywhere so hard to get any kind of measurement. I have a better spot to measure protected by the wind, but I'm not walking out there tonight. 

Congrats! 

6 minutes ago, Cincy12 said:

This is our first time actually see snow, hopefully we all can squeeze some accumulation on the back end 

Not sure how accurate but if you go to layers and select future radar it looks good til like 5am. It gets that stuff that's back in Oklahoma and brings it right up through.

https://www.wunderground.com/wundermap?zoom=5&units=english&radar=1&wxstn=0&wxstnmode=tw

4 minutes ago, Buckeye1994 said:

I’ve been following this forum for a few years, haven’t really said anything just really enjoyed the information. Thought I would finally join in 

I live in Germantown, OH (SW of Dayton)

this storm brought us 6” of snow on top of about an inch of sleet. Still snowing also

Only room for one buckeye in this thread lol. Jp. I'm only on in the winter really 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, hawkeye_wx said:

The map is using spotter reports up through 9:45am EST.  Perhaps it'll be more accurate later once all the snow is finished and all reports are in.

Yea I'm in howard, ohio knox county. It's hard to measure cause if blowing but we definitely got between 8-10"