Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
“Let’s Talk Winter”

Steve

8 hours ago, Gino27 said:

Unless we find a way to scrape together 1.3" of snow in the next 7 days. Columbus will be on pace for the least amount of snow since 1940, barring only the 2006-2007 season in which we would need 4" by the 21st to surpass. Even the infamous 2011-2012 winter had 4.5" of snow accumulated by January 14th.

Man that's brutal stuff.

On the bright side, indices look more favorable with -ao coming up and mjo looking to move out of 7 through possible the cold phases.   

Regardless, I think any snow events are going to be a result of perfect timing and luck instead of being a result of a wintry pattern setting in for weeks.   

This might be one of those winters defined by one event, especially if we can luck out with perfect timing and be on the snowy side of a :weenie: :weenie::weenie:tripple-phaser:weenie::weenie: :weenie:

We're due.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

Ben Gelber: "unfortunately we're gonna get some snow. Fortunately we aren't gonna get much but unfortunately it'll come at rush hour and could cause traffic issues"

This is why I hate TV weather. They overplay dustings then constantly make stupid comments like "oh this sucks its gonna snow a little bit"

Drives me nuts.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, buckeye said:

For me, there's about 5 weeks left before I start hoping for warmth vs. snow.   When it comes to March, go '08 or go home.  

I'm already over this winter just from looking at the models. Ready for spring. Get this crap winter and crap 2021 behind us.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, dilly84 said:

Ben Gelber: "unfortunately we're gonna get some snow. Fortunately we aren't gonna get much but unfortunately it'll come at rush hour and could cause traffic issues"

This is why I hate TV weather. They overplay dustings then constantly make stupid comments like "oh this sucks its gonna snow a little bit"

Drives me nuts.

I hate it too. Luckily a few meteorologists in Indy are snow lovers 

29 minutes ago, dilly84 said:

We're under an inch for the year I think, and they're on air complaining about a dusting. It's stupid. They do it to cause anxiety, I swear.

Ganahl is a snow weenie,  I even think Gelber is too.   But I think these OCMs feel an obligation to publically project the 'negative' side of weather.  After all, only weenies like us consider a 2' blizzard the utopia of winter.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, snowlover2 said:

Very lightly snowing here in Dayton.

Yea radar is showing a slender finger of flurries extending up into the Dayton area....should be over soon. Its the only remnant we will get out of what was to be our snow event a few days ago....now turning into a 7 to 9 inch event for parts of Kentucky and Tennessee. Who did we piss off upstairs?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, dilly84 said:

I'm already over this winter just from looking at the models. Ready for spring. Get this crap winter and crap 2021 behind us.

Come on, you're not excited by the 12Z GFS fantasy storm at hour 288, followed by the polar vortex hammer being dropped at the end of the run?!  What's wrong with you?!  :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, buckeye said:

Man that's brutal stuff.

On the bright side, indices look more favorable with -ao coming up and mjo looking to move out of 7 through possible the cold phases.   

Regardless, I think any snow events are going to be a result of perfect timing and luck instead of being a result of a wintry pattern setting in for weeks.   

This might be one of those winters defined by one event, especially if we can luck out with perfect timing and be on the snowy side of a :weenie: :weenie::weenie:tripple-phaser:weenie::weenie: :weenie:

We're due.

I thought triple-phasers were declared extinct.

• Like 1