• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
MO/KS/AR/OK 2021-2022 Winter Discussion

JoMo

It began sleeting here in Tulsa at 8:30 this morning and it was literally pouring sleet with some thunder!! I just can’t help but wonder how much snow this would’ve been if all layers were below freezing! I thought I could beat the storm and go to the grocery store. Roads are horrible, so stay home if you can and stay safe!:snowwindow:

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, JoMo said:

Getting light snow here now, kind of expect that to persist despite nothing being shown on radar. 

The heavy stuff ended around 1:30ish here but its been very misty light freezing drizzle since. Temps spiked up but have now dropped back off to 20 degrees. Everything is compacted into solid white ice now

Getting a ton of thunder and lightning right now but the precip is missing me just to the north. I can’t tell if this is awesome or incredibly frustrating. 

Edit: line has filled it. This is crazy. Looks like hail instead of sleet right now. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MUWX said:

Getting a ton of thunder and lightning right now but the precip is missing me just to the north. I can’t tell if this is awesome or incredibly frustrating. 

Edit: line has filled it. This is crazy. Looks like hail instead of sleet right now. 

Wow! My wife had that earlier out in far east OK. HUGE sleet pellets.

• Like 1

Lots of thunder sleet just passed by, thankfully this stuff today again doesn't seem to last as long which I am fine with when it comes to ice. Temps have really come up too, 26 right now with a predicted high of 28 today. Crazy crazy unpredictable weather ya'll, our backroads are just a solid block of sleet and ice from freezing mist all night. So what models, if any lol, handled this storm? While any amount of ice is bad news it didn't seem as bad or long drawn out as mentioned for a week

6 hours ago, Doramo said:

The predicted monster storm was a wimp :P

Sleet total 2"  with just a glaze of ice .    Temp 28 

Lol everything has been shut down here, 1-2 inches of snow or sleet its done for haha. I'm always like geeez I grew up somewhere where a foot of snow a week was common, but this is the south and they aren't prepared usually for these things lol.

We probly got 1.5" of sleet and a glaze of ice from the misty stuff the other night.

• Like 1