Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
MO/KS/AR/OK 2021-2022 Winter Discussion

JoMo

6 minutes ago, The Waterboy said:

Still sleet here.  It’s been snowing 10 miles north and 10 miles west of me for the last hour.   This is a game of inches.  

Insane how things can play out here, the terrain is our enemy most times it seems. Hopefully it changes over eventually, Dan Skoff has you guys in 10-14" up there idk we shall see how this pans out overnight.

All sleet here now although it is getting heavier . North Central Ar  is calling for mostly sleet and snow up to 2 - 5 inches :blink:   So maybe that's what we end up with here too .

"WHAT...Expect ice accumulations of a glaze to a quarter inch...
  with higher amounts of one-quarter to one-half inch in portions
  of Jackson, Independence, Cleburne, White and Woodruff counties.
  Snow and sleet accumulations of 2 to 5 inches...with locally
  higher amounts over 6 inches possible across the higher
  terrain. Lesser sleet/snow accumulations are expected where the
  higher ice accumulations are expected.

* WHERE...Northern and northeast Arkansas."

https://forecast.weather.gov/showsigwx.php?warnzone=ARZ005&warncounty=ARC005&firewxzone=ARZ005&local_place1=2 Miles S Mountain Home AR&product1=Winter+Storm+Warning&lat=36.31&lon=-92.38

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MoWeatherguy said:

All snow here in Bella Vista, has been for a couple of hours maybe.   I see the new graphic out of Tulsa shows pockets of 8-12 across some of this region.   Makes the Dan Skoff call look reasonable for 10+ across N Benton Co.  We'll see.

We changed over to all snow here in E Fayetteville about 20-30 mins ago. Something to note too, the snow band that has reached us tonight in NE OK and NW AR extends all the way down to the Fort Stockton, TX area. Needless to say its gonna be snowing for awhile.

273265395_2142359689246897_6161660469384636605_n.jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, stormdragonwx said:

We changed over to all snow here in E Fayetteville about 20-30 mins ago. Something to note too, the snow band that has reached us tonight in NE OK and NW AR extends all the way down to the Fort Stockton, TX area. Needless to say its gonna be snowing for awhile.

Crazy, it started mixing with snow here around the same time but it's still a heavy mix. West side, mind boggled at this stuff lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OKTWISTER said:

I have heavy snow in Morris on Hwy 62, going east I hit heavy sleet near the Okmulgee/Muskogee county line. Doubled back found the nose of sleet had pushed north and had sleet and snow mix until reaching Morris again. 

My brother lives in Morris. He said it was pouring snow, but he said they have had more sleet than anything.

Back up into Tulsa IMBY, the drifting has become pretty bad and I can’t tell where my yard ends and the road begins. So much wind just blowing around. BUT it sure is pretty!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JoMo said:

Looks like we're at about 4-5" here. Still coming down. 

Looks about the same here, hard to tell with all the drifting. I'd guess we probly got close to an inch of sleet under the snow also. Light snow here as well still. More coming later today into tonight they said, another possible 2-4"

1 1/2 inch of sleet 2 1/2 inches of snow . I was thinking that sleet was never going to stop . I went to bed at 2am it was still sleeting and I got up at 3am it had changed over to snow . It's still snowing moderately   Supposed to get up to 3 inches more snow today (I hope) then another inch or more tonight through tomorrow morning . I'm a happy camper :sled:

• Like 1

I have no way of knowing how much snow we have. The drifting has happened in areas that it doesn't normally drift in. Our south facing front door had an inch or two drifted in front of it when I opened it this morning. Will wait until it is all said and done before I measure for a final total. :D 

9 minutes ago, Wx 24/7 said:

I have no way of knowing how much snow we have. The drifting has happened in areas that it doesn't normally drift in. Our south facing front door had an inch or two drifted in front of it when I opened it this morning. Will wait until it is all said and done before I measure for a final total. :D 

Same here.   If I were guessing maybe in the 4-5 range. 

• Like 1

Man, went to bed at 7am finally and crashed...woke up and looks like probly 6-8" out there now. The snow drifts are insane on the side of the home all the way down it, probly 2.5 feet of drifting no kidding! The dogs tracks are all filled in, hard to say exactly though with the drifts. Still snowing pretty good off and on, I love it! More tonight?!

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, MoWeatherguy said:

Measured 7 here at noon. 

Right around the same here man, we did good. Maybe a few more inches tonight, if so that will be the most I have seen since moving here in 2013. 5" is the sweet spot for me, anything more and it gets tough to walk in when you're in the woods hiking lol.