• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
MO/KS/AR/OK 2021-2022 Winter Discussion

JoMo

I moved to midtown Tulsa, 1/2 mile south of I-44 near Lewis, it’s sleeting pretty good right now!

ETA: I’m so excited, my Hubby installed a ton of ring cameras, so now I can watch the snow in a time lapse! Lol we don’t share the same excitement about weather!

• Like 2

So round 1, left Owasso about 0430 it was 35 degrees and drizzle.  North on Hwy 75 hit ice on road about the Walmart distribution Center south of Bartlesville and continued with icy roads from sleet and freezing rain/drizzle. Hit Caney KS and was in heavy snow estimated the band at 2 inch per hour with visibility to about 50 yards or less with blowing drifting snow winds about 20-25 mph temp down to 20 degrees.  South on Hwy 169 hit some ice on trees and roadway South of South Coffeyville. 

Roads became glaze of ice from Nowata to Oolagah with vehicles sliding off road including a pickup overturned S. of Talala. 

Home temp 25 back out later.............

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OKTWISTER said:

So round 1, left Owasso about 0430 it was 35 degrees and drizzle.  North on Hwy 75 hit ice on road about the Walmart distribution Center south of Bartlesville and continued with icy roads from sleet and freezing rain/drizzle. Hit Caney KS and was in heavy snow estimated the band at 2 inch per hour with visibility to about 50 yards or less with blowing drifting snow winds about 20-25 mph temp down to 20 degrees.  South on Hwy 169 hit some ice on trees and roadway South of South Coffeyville. 

Roads became glaze of ice from Nowata to Oolagah with vehicles sliding off road including a pickup overturned S. of Talala. 

Home temp 25 back out later.............

Thanks for the great update! I live right on the Collinsville/Owasso line and woke up at 4:30 to sleet blowing into my window, sounded like someone hurling sand at my house lol.

9 minutes ago, The Waterboy said:

MoWeatherGuy, 

similar to what StormDragon said above we just had short “burst” of snow showers within the last half hour.  Hopefully that’s a positive sign that 850 temps are cold enough for all snow.   We shall see…

I didn't even see it on the radar...interesting.

I would think that means the layer is cool all the way through though.

You can see round 2 organizing in NW TX and headed NE along I-44 but it's just a tad bit further south than anticipated. This also puts it on an ideal track to slam those of us in NW Arkansas later on. From what I've seen on the GFS ensembles over the past couple days I'd be astonished if this system doesn't overproduce at this point. This will likely be our biggest snowfall in 11 years.

46 minutes ago, The Waterboy said:

MoWeatherGuy, 

similar to what StormDragon said above we just had short “burst” of snow showers within the last half hour.  Hopefully that’s a positive sign that 850 temps are cold enough for all snow.   We shall see…

We didn't get that here in BV.  But I agree maybe that's a good sign.  Euro has been on the high side of snow totals since day 1.  Hoping it's right.