• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
MO/KS/AR/OK 2021-2022 Winter Discussion

JoMo

Yes it might just be the natural cynic in me as I've seen it happen so many times before but I think this weekends winter storm has huge bust potential. I remain cautiously optimistic. Yes all the models are starting to go bonkers in our favor but the system is still offshore. Once it gets sampled it could go either way. The next 24-48 hours will definitely tell the story.

6 minutes ago, stormdragonwx said:

Yes it might just be the natural cynic in me but as I've seen it happen so many times before I think this weekends winter storm has huge bust potential. I remain cautiously optimistic. Yes all the models are starting to go bonkers in our favor but the system is still offshore. Once it gets sampled it could go either way. The next 24-48 hours will definitely tell the story.

One thing that may be working in our favor is that there was a recon mission off the west coast yesterday afternoon for research purposes and that data has been incorporated into the GFS at least. I know that data was included in last nights GFS. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MUWX said:

Springfield definitely is not buying into the higher amounts. 

Yeah, I don't blame them. It's going to be an interesting system, that's for sure...

SPRINGFIELD AFD: 

Current guidance suggests this system to dive south into the Lower
to Middle Mississippi Valley late Friday into Saturday. There is a
noticeable pivot of the shortwave trough as it deepens and ejects
eastward. As mentioned in the previous forecast discussion, this
is unique setup that does not fit any conceptual models. Further
analysis over the next 24 to 48 hours will be important.

15 minutes ago, MUWX said:

Springfield definitely is not buying into the higher amounts. 

Same with TSA. https://www.weather.gov/tsa/dsp https://mesonet.agron.iastate.edu/wx/afos/p.php?pil=AFDTSA&e=202201122039

Though what I always do is go over all the modeled snowfall amounts, then average them out and thats the ballpark range of what you may be getting for the forecast area. If the pattern holds an average of 3-5" seems plausible over much of the area.

13 minutes ago, The Waterboy said:

Let’s hope that trend doesn’t continue.  We’re threading the needle as it is right now.  Any shift East like this is bad news for most of us.  

Yeah, but there's a bunch more model runs to go, and a lot more changes that will happen. 

• Like 1