• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October 2021 General Discussion

Hoosier

Already 0.40" here with a long way to go.  Looks like some heavy downpours possible later this afternoon and especially this evening.  Looks like 2-2.5" is in the bag.  High-res models show 40-50mph gust potential this evening which seems reasonable given convective elements traversing the area mixing down some of the higher winds just off the surface.  

EDIT:  Ended up bottoming out at 28 yesterday morning, which is close to a hard freeze.  We were only under a frost advisory lol.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

I love it, sounds like a winter storm out there lol.  Been getting gusts between 30-40mph the past hour or so.  High-res shows the strongest winds a little later this evening, and then strong northerlies late night after the low passes by.  Up to 0.80" for the day.

Hope this repeats itself in December.  Would be a good long duration snow

So far 1.33" in the tippy bucket from this morning and afternoon. Started to get some ponding in the fields just as the rain rain slacked off for this lull. So far no problems with the amount of rain. But that could change if/when the better dynamics get here and if we get the same amount in a much shorter time frame.

1 hour ago, cyclone77 said:

I love it, sounds like a winter storm out there lol.  Been getting gusts between 30-40mph the past hour or so.  High-res shows the strongest winds a little later this evening, and then strong northerlies late night after the low passes by.  Up to 0.80" for the day.

I was also thinking it sounds like a winter storm.  The wind has been howling.

My rain total is 1.16" so far, should end up with at least 1.5".  Iowa City has received over 2" so far.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hawkeye_wx said:

I was also thinking it sounds like a winter storm.  The wind has been howling.

My rain total is 1.16" so far, should end up with at least 1.5".  Iowa City has received over 2" so far.

Nice to see a widespread event again.  

Winds are pushing 50mph the last hour or so.  MLI has hit 47mph, DVN 48mph.  

• Like 1

Nice pivot point across the LOT CWA this morning, very convective with some lightning/thunder at times. Add in the 35-55MPH wind gusts from last night and this morning NE/N/NW of the SLP as well. Definitely would be ripping +SN/+TSSN with near blizzard conditions another 1-3 months from now.

There were gravity waves galore on KLOT, from yesterday morning through last night. Could visually see many cold season storm/winter storm like processes on KOMA/DSM/DVN/LOT from yesterday morning through this morning.

• Like 2