• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October 2021 General Discussion

Hoosier

Looks like the recurve of the typhoon will translate into a pretty sizable fall storm with a brief cool down followed by possibly more storms. 

Like I said before, the typhoon recurve is really not doing much for us in this case.

The pattern change (with the introduction of a -PNA) has been underway in a large scale for several days now. And as I mentioned before, there really isn’t going to be any sort of cool down. Temps will continue to be above to well above average around here for the foreseeable future (through mid-month).

DTX confirmed a tornado from that surprise warning yesterday.

The view of said cell from my backyard

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DETROIT/PONTIAC MI
253 PM EDT MON OCT 4 2021

..TIME...   ...EVENT...      ...CITY LOCATION...     ...LAT.LON...
..DATE...   ....MAG....      ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE....
            ..REMARKS..

0621 PM     TORNADO          5 NW CLARKSTON          42.78N 83.51W
10/03/2021                   OAKLAND            MI   NWS STORM SURVEY

BRIEF EF0 TORNADO OCCURRED NEAR DIXIE HWY AND E HOLLY RD
            WITH MAXIMUM WINDS ESTIMATED AT 65 MPH.

tornadowarning100321.jpg

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, Chicago Storm said:

Like I said before, the typhoon recurve is really not doing much for us in this case.

The pattern change (with the introduction of a -PNA) has been underway in a large scale for several days now. And as I mentioned before, there really isn’t going to be any sort of cool down. Temps will continue to be above to well above average around here for the foreseeable future (through mid-month).

I suspect this trough could push further east and really cool us down for a couple of days before the next storm:ph34r:

Here's how the stations ranked last month. Some still out, while some with (M) still in the middle of processing. Pretty warm Sept. Generally above avg to well above avg with some near record/record readings. A couple top 20 cool min readings are in there too. Localized effects. Number of unique max temp readings per station avg in the low 80's, and min readings avg in the mid 70's so you can see about where they lie in the ranking.

Also included prelim anomaly chart, which I switched to a 1901-2000 baseline. 

NC US Sept max avg mthly ranking.png

NC US Sept high min avg mthly ranking.png

Sept anomalies chrt.gif

23 minutes ago, Brian D said:

Here's how the stations ranked last month. Some still out, while some with (M) still in the middle of processing. Pretty warm Sept. Generally above avg to well above avg with some near record/record readings. A couple top 20 cool min readings are in there too. Localized effects. Number of unique max temp readings per station avg in the low 80's, and min readings avg in the mid 70's so you can see about where they lie in the ranking.

Also included prelim anomaly chart, which I switched to a 1901-2000 baseline. 

NC US Sept max avg mthly ranking.png

NC US Sept high min avg mthly ranking.png

Sept anomalies chrt.gif

It was a warmer than average September at Detroit, tied for the 25th warmest on record, but no record highs were set, only a record cold Max of 53 on September 23.

15 minutes ago, OrdIowPitMsp said:

It’s September in October this year.

Right.  I don't need it to be very cold this time of year...but some actual fall-like highs in the 60s and lows in the 40s would be nice.  ORD hasn't dropped below 50 for the entire season so far, and this should continue through mid-October.  That's crazy...it just doesn't feel right.  Very little color on trees so far...it's like Mother Nature still thinks it's September 15th.

• Weenie 2