• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October Banter 2021

George BM

This is totally random, but I am watching the Shinning, why not on a dark and stormy night 2 days before Halloween.  There is a scene where there is a radio broadcast and the news anchor mentions a ‘stockmans advisory’ and ‘Travelers Advisory’.  I vaguely remember Stockmans Advisories from growing up in Colorado.  Question, was that a NWS product, and do they still issue those?  I am bored….and drinking.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

I just went over to off topic for the first time in forever wtf good God there are some real pieces of work posting there lol yeesh there's so many of them we are ****ed

They're multiplying. It's kind of fun to peer in every once in a while, but man does it get depressing fast. 

1 hour ago, GATECH said:

This is totally random, but I am watching the Shinning, why not on a dark and stormy night 2 days before Halloween.  There is a scene where there is a radio broadcast and the news anchor mentions a ‘stockmans advisory’ and ‘Travelers Advisory’.  I vaguely remember Stockmans Advisories from growing up in Colorado.  Question, was that a NWS product, and do they still issue those?  I am bored….and drinking.

I recall hearing those advisories  in the 1980s. (Lived in Castle Rock, CO.) But don't recall the service that released them

• Like 1

21 hours ago, leesburg 04 said:

I just went over to off topic for the first time in forever wtf good God there are some real pieces of work posting there lol yeesh there's so many of them we are ****ed

I just decided to take a look at the cesspool myself and...........we need the meteor, like yesterday. Good lord

13 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Had one a couple weeks ago. Had a distinct sherry-like quality to it. It was also a lot thinner than I expected, but it’s definitely a good beer.

All versions of the WWS are a bit "thin", and lightly carbonated. Probably related to the 17-18% abv. This is as good as the original imo with some additional complexity from the Utopias barrels. Let it warm and it really opens up. I also really like the bourbon barrel aged edition. The oak aged vanilla version is good, but I wont get that if the others are available.

• Like 1

• mappy unpinned this topic