Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October Banter 2021

George BM

4 hours ago, MillvilleWx said:

Just creepin. Did I miss anything the past month or so? I already know winter was canceled in July, so I'm caught up there :whistle:

There is talk of throwing a member into the currently erupting La Palma Volcano to try to salvage the winter :popcorn:. In all seriousness, not all too much, it's been a traditional extended summer fall for the subforum, with WFT futility to boot. 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Rvarookie said:

It’s been a few since been up to DC for anything besides good smoke, so was hoping for some guidance on hotels close to cap one arena to catch wizards game. Looking for Indoor pool/close to fam friendly food spots and easy metro access. Thanks 

Right around the arena?  I don't think there are any hotels with open indoor pools around there.  The Hyatt Regency at 400 New Jersey Ave NW on Capitol Hill, a few blocks from Union Station, has an indoor pool that appears to be open, although you should check directly first; or the Homewood Suites by Hilton close to the Navy Yard Metro station might be an option as well.  Personally, I'd recommend looking around the Navy Yard area for restaurants that may catch your interest since the area has certainly changed since you were last here.  The area directly around Union Station, besides Union Station itself, is pretty sparse for family-friendly options although I'm pretty sure they let kids into the Dubliner.

That being said, Metro is a bit of a mess these days, with longer times between trains on all lines due to problems they've discovered with the 7000 series cars.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, fourseasons said:

Right around the arena?  I don't think there are any hotels with open indoor pools around there.  The Hyatt Regency at 400 New Jersey Ave NW on Capitol Hill, a few blocks from Union Station, has an indoor pool that appears to be open, although you should check directly first; or the Homewood Suites by Hilton close to the Navy Yard Metro station might be an option as well.  Personally, I'd recommend looking around the Navy Yard area for restaurants that may catch your interest since the area has certainly changed since you were last here.  The area directly around Union Station, besides Union Station itself, is pretty sparse for family-friendly options although I'm pretty sure they let kids into the Dubliner.

That being said, Metro is a bit of a mess these days, with longer times between trains on all lines due to problems they've discovered with the 7000 series cars.

Thanks so much. I haven’t caught a game since arenas/Jamison/butler days. I guess these days probably easier to Uber although my 2yo would probably dig the metro.

I can be further away from the arena was just looking for something that is simple to stumble back to lol. I’ll check out both of those options you recommended. Appreciate it 

6 minutes ago, mappy said:

So I am 99% sure Baltimore County Schools are idiots and confused coastal flooding with inland flooding. Their email this morning about closing schools mentioned dangerous flash flooding (which, um, what?). 

SIGH

Reading the BCPS Facebook page this morning is quite entertaining! I recommend. 

1 hour ago, H2O said:

Am I a total weenie for wanting to chase coastal flooding?

Had a planned "couples" trip to Bethany this weekend.  Heading down this afternoon around 3:00.  Hope to see some nice gusts this evening. 

Hopefully it's  not too bad tomorrow since we have a tee time at 12:55.

• Like 1

• mappy unpinned this topic