Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October Banter 2021

George BM

3 hours ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

That's just crazy to see!

You know if it were happening here, someone would complain, "I bet we end up with member #46, only 27 inches!!!"

It’s crazy, but the chugach mountains along the Alaska coast are badass and rival anywhere in the world for top snow conditions.

5 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Ugh...Today's Nor'easter is a gut punch...because you know it's coming this winter (if we get a storm like this) This is where Philly/NJ and north have it really good in Ninas! I'm already dreading it...eh, just gotta take the punches and stagger on (and not listen to weather news during the event)

You gotta get out of the city. You have sucko elevation.

I know this isn’t tropical, but this is WxWatcher007 reporting live from Orleans, MA for my first proper chase since July. It feels good to be back in the game. 

While this picture is from an hour ago, the Atlantic is becoming full of whitecaps as a nor’easter continues to rapidly deepen off the east coast. I’m here because there’s a High Wind Warning in effect for gusts near hurricane force tonight, and guidance that suggests hurricane force winds are in reach.

I’ve got a great view of the ocean, an excellent wind measurement location, and a work meeting in 45 minutes… :lol: 

cusVLjU.jpg

• Like 10

16 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Why stop at 2022-23?

Because I don't see much sense looking past that...we don't know what ENSO we're gonna spin (or if even a Niño will still do any good). And also for the historical reason...another egg laid would match our longest drought (1970 through the 77-78 winter) without a warning level event at BWI.

1 hour ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Please do. 

I'm seriously thinking about it (as long as the mods don't mind!) Not making it to say 2022-23 is definitely the year...just to say

1) How sure I am about this winter being over (for anything above advisory event(s) and that I'd bet the house (if I were a gambler) we get no warning level event this winter...and

2) holding out a glimmer of hope to see if the whole every 6-7 year thing still works, lol And to see if we can still get something going in a non-nina state.

17 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Because I don't see much sense looking past that...we don't know what ENSO we're gonna spin (or if even a Niño will still do any good). And also for the historical reason...another egg laid would match our longest drought (1970 through the 77-78 winter) without a warning level event at BWI.

I was being sarcastic :).  I find a thread in the spring about the upcoming winter pointless too…just not much of a LR person.  And everyone cancels winter around here anyways so I think I could predict what next year’s thread will look like.

Been a VERY VERY rainy year down here in south central Texas. We got 1.5 more inches last night, bringing our ridiculous rain totals to 56.70 inches for the year. Normal is barely 30 inches. My tomato plant is 11 feet tall. I am harvesting tomatoes nearly every day, and it is nearly November.

• Like 1

• mappy unpinned this topic