Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October Banter 2021

George BM

17 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I swear a friend of mine just texted as he’s coming home from Pittsburgh and the traffic is insane out that way too.

No obstructions in either direction and 3 lanes of traffic each way and it’s 20+ miles bumper to bumper. For no reason whatsoever.

28 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

No obstructions in either direction and 3 lanes of traffic each way and it’s 20+ miles bumper to bumper. For no reason whatsoever.

It has been like that forever. The stretch from around Fredericksburg to get past DC is brutal, 9 times out of 10. The dudes on the crotch rockets tho.. I have often thought about opening my door. Every once in awhile there is a cop there when you want one.

This, 100% from Ravens 247.

If this team really considers themselves contenders, then Eric DeCosta needs to move heaven and earth over the bye week to get an actual threat into this backfield. When Lamar Jackson has to play quarterback and running back by himself, you’re starting every game behind the eight ball. The geriatric backfield was fun for a bit, but it isn’t getting it done.

Go get Marlon Mack. This team won't go very far when Lamar has 80% of the rushing yards. He probably won't make it through the season. They need to make a deal for an OT too.

1 hour ago, WxUSAF said:

Rt 3 is a why. If ever there was a justified reason for autopilot for all cars it’s from there to DC

35 minutes ago, CAPE said:

This, 100% from Ravens 247.

Go get Marlon Mack. This team won't go very far when Lamar has 80% of the rushing yards. He probably won't make it through the season. They need to make a deal for an OT too.

Not sure the offense is the priority when you give up 500+ on defense

7 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Not sure the offense is the priority when you give up 500+ on defense

The D is largely healthy though. They have clearly underachieved, and really have lacked fundamentals, which is uncharacteristic. They have the talent, and I have to think they will figure it out going forward. The OL is a pieced together mess, and Mekari went out with an ankle today. Lamar won't survive with the amount of pressure he is getting plus having to be the feature back. If they need him to be superman every game to win then it wont end well.

I actually feel unusually good after this loss...why?

1) This team will be better served by a loss heading into the bye week than a win. We got 5 straight, now we needed to be knocked down a peg or two so that we don't peak too soon.

2) History! :lol: In 2012, Week 7 (same week)...we got our butts kicked 43-13 by the Texans before we headed into a Week 8 bye! We all know what happened that season ;)

*I see other paralells...In 2012 we were hit hard with injuries that year too (like Suggs tearing his Achilles that summer), the defense looked atrocious (especially in the first half of the season...sheesh), and we had a few miracle wins. (Like winning 9-6 on FGs vs. KC, and barely winning on a DAL missed FG, and of course 4th and 29 later on) So...you just never know! 

1 hour ago, Maestrobjwa said:

I actually feel unusually good after this loss...why?

1) This team will be better served by a loss heading into the bye week than a win. We got 5 straight, now we needed to be knocked down a peg or two so that we don't peak too soon.

2) History! :lol: In 2012, Week 7 (same week)...we got our butts kicked 43-13 by the Texans before we headed into a Week 8 bye! We all know what happened that season ;)

*I see other paralells...In 2012 we were hit hard with injuries that year too (like Suggs tearing his Achilles that summer), the defense looked atrocious (especially in the first half of the season...sheesh), and we had a few miracle wins. (Like winning 9-6 on FGs vs. KC, and barely winning on a DAL missed FG, and of course 4th and 29 later on) So...you just never know! 

I never thought they would be 5-2 given the crazy run of injuries right before the season started, and no Stanley and no Boyle(yet). There is still plenty to fix. Defense simply needs to play better. Offense could use a few more healthy contributors.

On 10/22/2021 at 10:50 AM, WxWatcher007 said:

Making this old soul proud…

CA4tH2fWcAIeLrt.jpg

Oh my! Is the Reaper...the Lord High Executioner of despairing weenie souls...getting all moist and sentimental now? I swear he shed a few dry tears there. Contemplating coming out of retirement? *Sniff*!! But at least you can throw a good Halloween party, eh?! Celebrate your holiday in style! :lol:

• Haha 1

I know it's the mountains above 8K, but damn

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service Hanford CA
215 AM PDT Mon Oct 25 2021

CAZ323-326>331-251800-
/O.CON.KHNX.WS.W.0005.000000T0000Z-211026T0600Z/
Yosemite NP outside of the valley-Upper San Joaquin River-
Kaiser to Rodgers Ridge-Kings Canyon NP-Grant Grove Area-
Sequoia NP-South End of the Upper Sierra-
215 AM PDT Mon Oct 25 2021

...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 11 PM PDT THIS
EVENING ABOVE 8000 FEET...

* WHAT...Heavy snow above 8000 feet. Additional snow accumulation
  up to 48 inches. Winds gusting as high as 65 mph.

* WHERE...Portions of the Sierra Nevada from Yosemite National
  Park to Sequoia National Forest.

* WHEN...Until 11 PM PDT this evening.

* IMPACTS...Travel could be very difficult to impossible. The
  hazardous conditions could impact the morning or evening
  commute. Very strong winds could cause extensive tree damage.
  Campers and hikers should be especially prepared for winter
  like conditions. Weight of snow can cause tree limbs to break
  and fall, so use caution when picking a campsite.
  • Like 3

And this too

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service Reno NV
325 AM PDT Mon Oct 25 2021

CAZ073-260600-
/O.CON.KREV.WS.W.0002.000000T0000Z-211026T0600Z/
Mono County-
325 AM PDT Mon Oct 25 2021

...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 11 PM PDT THIS
EVENING ABOVE 8500 FEET...

* WHAT...Heavy snow expected above 8500 feet. Snow accumulations
  of 3-5 inches in Mammoth Lakes, 3-5 inches along Highway 395
  at Devils Gate, Conway, and Deadman Summits. Multiple feet of
  heavy wet snow for high elevations including around Tioga and
  Sonora passes and for Mammoth Mountain.

* WHERE...Mono County.

* WHEN...From 5 PM Sunday to 11 PM PDT Monday. Snowfall rates
  could approach 4 inches per hour in the higher elevation
  mountains.

* IMPACTS...Travel could be very difficult to impossible. The
  hazardous conditions could impact the Monday morning commute.
  Very strong winds could cause extensive tree damage.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Winds will gust 50 to 60 mph across the
  Eastern Sierra with ridges gusting well over 100 mph. This
  will result in hazardous travel coupled with the snowfall and
  heavy rains.
  • Like 1

• mappy unpinned this topic