• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October Banter 2021

George BM

I'm not nearly as knowledgeable as some of the folks in here, but I still find so much humor in the fact that people make definitive statements about a season several months away when they seem to still struggle to nail down the particulars of a forecast a week away, or in some cases even a few days. 

I get that there are signals you can look to that give a general idea for what to reasonably expect, but it's such a crapshoot. Meteorology is such a wild field of complexities and confusion. 

3 hours ago, Steve25 said:

I'm not nearly as knowledgeable as some of the folks in here, but I still find so much humor in the fact that people make definitive statements about a season several months away when they seem to still struggle to nail down the particulars of a forecast a week away, or in some cases even a few days. 

I get that there are signals you can look to that give a general idea for what to reasonably expect, but it's such a crapshoot. Meteorology is such a wild field of complexities and confusion. 

Realizing this makes you as knowledgeable as most right off the bat.  

• Like 3

On 10/20/2021 at 10:46 PM, NorthArlington101 said:

As one forum member enters college, I am soon to exit...

Nothing official yet, but I have an awesome job offer in the area that would allow me to definitely afford to keep living around the Washington D.C. area. Guessing I'll sign that soon, and then you'll all be stuck with me... forever. Bad news is I might live in D.C. proper for a bit. What a snow nightmare.

You walk into that office and DEMAND an extra 20k because of the snow misery you are bound to endure. ;) 

Congrats, bud. I’m really happy for you.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

You walk into that office and DEMAND an extra 20k because of the snow misery you are bound to endure. ;) 

Congrats, bud. I’m really happy for you.

Thank you! If I accept that position, the HQ is technically in Arlington, but without getting too deep into it before anything is official, I'd expect a lot of my work to be in D.C. I'll have to make some real adult (gulp) decisions on where it makes the most sense to live... snow is only but one factor.

1 minute ago, H2O said:

We need to make an announcement thread for all the seasonal posters that only start coming back now.  We should do them a favor and tell them winter is over already and they can go back into hibernation.

I was already aware I had an alert set for everytime Chuck posted

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, mappy said:

I am going to be a major deb this winter. Warning yall now. 

Good thing I’m retired. 

5 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Thank you! If I accept that position, the HQ is technically in Arlington, but without getting too deep into it before anything is official, I'd expect a lot of my work to be in D.C. I'll have to make some real adult (gulp) decisions on where it makes the most sense to live... snow is only but one factor.

You got this. Don’t put too much pressure on yourself.

Secure the bag and one day you’ll be backslapping and posting upslope accumulations with your neighbor @jonjon at your winter home. :lol: 

• Like 1

On 10/20/2021 at 10:46 PM, NorthArlington101 said:

As one forum member enters college, I am soon to exit...

Nothing official yet, but I have an awesome job offer in the area that would allow me to definitely afford to keep living around the Washington D.C. area. Guessing I'll sign that soon, and then you'll all be stuck with me... forever. Bad news is I might live in D.C. proper for a bit. What a snow nightmare.

Congrats!  Only way to survive living here is doing what I did...get a vacation spot in the mountains for your fix. :snowwindow:

• Like 3

This looks fun!!!

Sunday
Snow before 11am, then rain and snow between 11am and 2pm, then snow after 2pm. The rain and snow could be heavy at times. High near 32. Strong and damaging winds, with a southwest wind 70 to 75 mph increasing to 80 to 85 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 130 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 7 to 11 inches possible.
Sunday Night
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 18. Strong and damaging winds, with a south wind 70 to 75 mph, with gusts as high as 110 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 22 to 28 inches possible.
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, yoda said:

Wizards are 2-0... could be a good season 

We can only hope.  They have such a deep team this year.  I definitely expect them to make the playoffs...Its just how they will stack up against Philly, Brooklyn and Milwaukee.  Oh...I forgot about Atlanta too. 

Congrats Bengals.

DeCosta needs to get busy before the trade deadline. Ravens have gotten away with playing too many 'fill ins' with all the injuries, but the Bengals are more talented all around. Not sure what they can do about the poor tackling, esp by their linebackers. Consistently pathetic.

• mappy unpinned this topic