Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October Banter 2021

George BM

18 hours ago, CAPE said:

Combo of both. I'm being objective. The Ravens D played their best game of the year, as I said, and they needed it. Other than shutting down the Broncos, who have no quarterback, they have not looked very Ravens like so far. Nice to see they can win when Lamar plays an average game. Featuring the ground game was a no brainer given SD is helpless against the run.

I think getting Wolfe and Westry back will help the D. I also think Bynes at this stage is a much better LB than Queen. He looked great yesterday. I would bench Queen in favor of Bynes until he learns how to tackle. 

3 minutes ago, ravensrule said:

I think getting Wolfe and Westry back will help the D. I also think Bynes at this stage is a much better LB than Queen. He looked great yesterday. I would bench Queen in favor of Bynes until he learns how to tackle. 

Yeah I think we will be seeing more of Bynes going forward, although Queen played pretty well yesterday when he was in there. Still too inconsistent.

2 hours ago, Kay said:

One of the nicest things about fall and the end of AC is always being able to hear the outdoors while indoors. The wind in the trees is glorious today.

They are building a 16 house subdivision around the corner from me, so I mostly hear beeping trucks.  But hey, if you want to drop $1.7M+ on a house you can be my neighbor and you won't even have to buy a weather station!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MN Transplant said:

They are building a 16 house subdivision around the corner from me, so I mostly hear beeping trucks.  But hey, if you want to drop $1.7M+ on a house you can be my neighbor and you won't even have to buy a weather station!

Haha! There is also a house being built near me. Almost done, thankfully. And they're not working today :lol:

I suppose this is as good a time as any to admit I don't have a weather station, but for a long time there have been several close by. One very close, same elevation etc. So, for now, I mooch. But measure my own rain and snow :)

Edit: oh no I cursed myself, the two closest ones are offline

• Haha 1

WHY  do they make me take a semester of BIO 101 when I have made it clear that I want to go into WEATHER after transferring? I feel my time would be much better spent taking Physics. Unfortunately, the only Physics class they had was from like 7 to 8:55PM. Heck no! I’d need to be at an online class at 8 the next morning. Hopefully they have some new physics times next semester, but I’m starting to doubt it as last time I checked there were no physics courses for next semester yet, while other subjects had courses listed. Please school.

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, Rhino16 said:

WHY  do they make me take a semester of BIO 101 when I have made it clear that I want to go into WEATHER after transferring? I feel my time would be much better spent taking Physics. Unfortunately, the only Physics class they had was from like 7 to 8:55PM. Heck no! I’d need to be at an online class at 8 the next morning. Hopefully they have some new physics times next semester, but I’m starting to doubt it as last time I checked there were no physics courses for next semester yet, while other subjects had courses listed. Please school.

you can't make it to an online class at 8am??

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, MacChump said:

you can't make it to an online class at 8am??

14 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Seriously

Ooof, No Mercy from this crowd, eh?

Rhino, the next time you look at the AFD, check the time it was issued. Well, here's one:

Area Forecast Discussion
National Weather Service Baltimore MD/Washington DC
349 AM EDT Tue Oct 19 2021

Weathermen are expected to live on a higher plane than the average student. ;) 

(Remember, we tease because we love)

18 hours ago, Rhino16 said:

You serious, Clark?

47 minutes ago, GramaxRefugee said:

Ooof, No Mercy from this crowd, eh?

Rhino, the next time you look at the AFD, check the time it was issued. Well, here's one:

Area Forecast Discussion
National Weather Service Baltimore MD/Washington DC
349 AM EDT Tue Oct 19 2021

Weathermen are expected to live on a higher plane than the average student. ;) 

(Remember, we tease because we love)

Okay, the waking up isn’t an issue, I wake up much easier than others. At least I’d WANT to be up at 3:49AM doing that. Luckily, much better times next semester. It’s more the drive home I wouldn’t want to do at that time of day. Maybe I’ll take later classes next year, I just didn’t want to on my first year. I’d have to take BIO anyway, so may as well since it’s at better times.

On 10/19/2021 at 1:10 PM, Rhino16 said:

Okay, the waking up isn’t an issue, I wake up much easier than others. At least I’d WANT to be up at 3:49AM doing that. Luckily, much better times next semester. It’s more the drive home I wouldn’t want to do at that time of day. Maybe I’ll take later classes next year, I just didn’t want to on my first year. I’d have to take BIO anyway, so may as well since it’s at better times.

Don’t let these old fogeys pile on. What college kid (no disrespect) wants a class at 8am? When I was your age the day didn’t start until 10am.

There will be plenty of time to wake up early against your will: literally decades of it. :lol: 

#nightowlsunite

• Like 3

As one forum member enters college, I am soon to exit...

Nothing official yet, but I have an awesome job offer in the area that would allow me to definitely afford to keep living around the Washington D.C. area. Guessing I'll sign that soon, and then you'll all be stuck with me... forever. Bad news is I might live in D.C. proper for a bit. What a snow nightmare.

• Like 11

9 hours ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Nothing official yet, but I have an awesome job offer in the area that would allow me to definitely afford to keep living around the Washington D.C. area. Guessing I'll sign that soon, and then you'll all be stuck with me... forever. Bad news is I might live in D.C. proper for a bit. What a snow nightmare.

early congrats!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Except for the 'inside DC' part, sounds like you're off to a great start, congrats!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Way to go!!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Ok who will be first to cancel winter today?

I gots you bro! B)

-PNA, +AO, +NAO, +EPO from late Nov through late March. 

There will be no measurable snow at any of the 3 major local airports through meteorological winter. We will get some slushy events in April and even a few wet flakes mixed in with rain into May. Severe season will be a total dud followed by a dull hurricane season with a developing super El Nino. The following winter with said super Nino in place will be warm and wet with flooding rains and a couple severe weather events. 

But after all that... Winter of 2023-24 looks epic with a mod modoki Nino. A late season blizzard will, however, prevent us from being able to travel to see the April 8, 2024 solar eclipse.

• Haha 1

• mappy unpinned this topic