Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October Banter 2021

George BM

25 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

Pretty wild the whole Gruden thing came about because of the investigation of the Washington football team. What a disaster of an organization...you know there's going to be more coming out

I hope its about Snyder

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mappy said:

i went to bed before their comeback so i missed him being 'good'. but slept well laughing at his fumbling. and then again the missed 2pt conversion. 

I'm guessing you're not a Lamar fan? Lol Hey as bad as the fumble was--we don't win the game without him. Dude came back a la Rodgers/Brady fashion. When he makes mistakes he has a way of just shaking it off moving on!

2 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

I'm guessing you're not a Lamar fan? Lol Hey as bad as the fumble was--we don't win the game without him. Dude came back a la Rodgers/Brady fashion. When he makes mistakes he has a way of just shaking it off moving on!

I am not a Ravens fan. 

• Like 1

On 10/7/2021 at 5:04 PM, CAPE said:

Drinking a Master of Oranges DIPA from Aslin. Pretty good stuff.

It used to be so much better...as did every one of their IPAs. As soon as they moved their production facility to Alexandria (and massively scaled up), the quality of their IPAs went downhill almost immediately.

It used to be that people (including me) would wait for hours for their IPA releases. While that was annoying, I'd much rather now rather that than wander into their taproom and pick up a 4-pack of one of 32 different beers sitting in their fridge.

• Like 1

On 10/9/2021 at 10:33 AM, MN Transplant said:

First time at Cox Farms.  Apparently with most of the rest of Northern VA.

We went last year to the drive through they had set up, but I took the girls there a couple weekends ago for the first time in their normal setup. It was a f'ing madhouse.

3 hours ago, mappy said:

I hope its about Snyder

650K emails are a lot to go thru.  But if they could take time to find all these Gruden ones I'm sure they found Snyder ones.  He's just not going to get the same treatment cause owners protect each other.

Gruden should have been fired 100%. However does anybody think there will be a message problem with the NFL when some of the half time performers have used similar language in their lyrics in the past? I mean I loved Listening to most of them growing up so I was looking forward to the show but if Gruden gets let go for similar language but the performers are allowed to perform isn’t that a bit hypocritical? And if not what am I missing? Honest question too.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, 5-4-3DP said:

Gruden should have been fired 100%. However does anybody think there will be a message problem with the NFL when some of the half time performers have used similar language in their lyrics in the past? I mean I loved Listening to most of them growing up so I was looking forward to the show but if Gruden gets let go for similar language but the performers are allowed to perform isn’t that a bit hypocritical? And if not what am I missing? Honest question too.

Context and intent. Come the eff on here. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Context and intent. Come the eff on here. 

I wasn’t trying to be flippant. I mean Eminem has used the same homophobic slur Gruden did (on multiple occasions) in songs with the same connotation and intent but he gets a pass and is allowed to perform? And I loved his songs growing up but he wouldn’t be able to make some of them in today’s world. Again Gruden got what he deserved, I was just wondering how people thought that would make the NFL look when the super bowl comes around. Sorry if I touched a nerve.

• Like 1

I think Eminem is trash, but he is an artist. Apples and oranges. Gruden was an employee of the NFL- a head coach- a leader of men, and he pulled off the trifecta of discrimination, not to mention using vulgar language in criticizing the commissioner of the league(his boss for many years) and he did this over a period of at least 7 years. I mean if you want to have those views, which are completely antithetical to the policies/positions of the NFL, maybe don't put them in writing electronically. Not only is he a bigot, but man is he a dumbass.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, leesburg 04 said:

Pretty wild the whole Gruden thing came about because of the investigation of the Washington football team. What a disaster of an organization...you know there's going to be more coming out

Or maybe not. Not that Gruden didn't get what he deserved, because he did- but how is that the only revelation from this WFT investigation that has been going on for what, well over a year now? And somehow still nothing big on Snyder. 

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

I think Eminem is trash, but he is an artist. Apples and oranges. Gruden was an employee of the NFL- a head coach- a leader of men, and he pulled off the trifecta of discrimination, not to mention using vulgar language in criticizing the commissioner of the league(his boss for many years) and he did this over a period of at least 7 years. I mean if you want to have those views, which are completely antithetical to the policies/positions of the NFL, maybe don't put them in writing electronically. Not only is he a bigot, but man is he a dumbass.

No doubt Gruden should be toast. I think what the original poster was saying is that the NFL has to apply it’s standards of conduct across the board. The NFL is not an organization where integrity seems to reside. Just like what you were saying about Snyder. If the NFL can make money off something, then standards of conduct are conveniently overlooked. The NBA is worse. It has a very dedicated campaign against abuse of the rights of people, of human beings, but won’t denounce Chinas human rights abuses. Why? $$$$$$$$

Situational ethics don’t sit well with a lot of people.

You we’re also right about Gruden. Not only is he a dumbass, he’s an ass period. Always has been. None of this is shocking to me.

There’s probably a lot more to come with this.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Or maybe not. Not that Gruden didn't get what he deserved, because he did- but how is that the only revelation from this WFT investigation that has been going on for what, well over a year now? And somehow still nothing big on Snyder. 

Owners will protect their own.  I seriously doubt anything bad will come out from the report on him unless it gets leaked to the papers again.  That dirt is buried.

2 hours ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

No doubt Gruden should be toast. I think what the original poster was saying is that the NFL has to apply it’s standards of conduct across the board. The NFL is not an organization where integrity seems to reside. Just like what you were saying about Snyder. If the NFL can make money off something, then standards of conduct are conveniently overlooked. The NBA is worse. It has a very dedicated campaign against abuse of the rights of people, of human beings, but won’t denounce Chinas human rights abuses. Why? $$$$$$$$

Situational ethics don’t sit well with a lot of people.

You we’re also right about Gruden. Not only is he a dumbass, he’s an ass period. Always has been. None of this is shocking to me.

There’s probably a lot more to come with this.

Thanks, you articulated what I was thinking better. Situational ethics is a great way of putting it. Totally agree with the NBA (as well as the Olympics) and China.  

NFLPA to petition NFL to release all emails from Washington Football Team investigation after Jon Gruden's resignation

The NFL Players Association said Tuesday that it plans to request that the NFL release the remainder of the 650,000 emails reviewed as part of the investigation into workplace misconduct with the Washington Football Team.

Leaked emails from that investigation that showed Jon Gruden used racist, misogynistic and anti-gay language led to the Las Vegas Raiders coach's resignation Monday night.

"We have had communications with the league, and the NFLPA plans to request that the NFL release the rest of the emails," NFLPA executive director DeMaurice Smith told USA Today Sports in a phone interview.

NFLPA spokesperson George Atallah confirmed to ESPN's Dan Graziano that the union planned to request the emails. An NFL spokesperson told USA Today that it had no plans to release those emails for confidentiality reasons.

Attorneys representing 40 former employees of the Washington Football Team also urged the NFL to release the emails.

"It is truly outrageous that after the NFL's 10-month investigation involving hundreds of witnesses and 650,000 documents related to the longtime culture of harassment and abuse at the Washington Football Team, the only person to be held accountable and lose their job is the coach of the Las Vegas Raiders," lawyers Lisa Banks and Debra Katz said in a statement. "If the NFL felt it appropriate to release these offensive emails from Jon Gruden, which it obtained during its investigation into the Washington Football Team, it must also release the findings related to the actual target of that investigation. Our clients and the public at large deserve transparency and accountability. If not, the NFL and [commissioner] Roger Goodell must explain why they appear intent on protecting the Washington Football Team and owner Dan Snyder at all costs."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32389529/nflpa-petition-nfl-release-all-emails-washington-football-team-investigation

38 minutes ago, CAPE said:

NFLPA to petition NFL to release all emails from Washington Football Team investigation after Jon Gruden's resignation

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32389529/nflpa-petition-nfl-release-all-emails-washington-football-team-investigation

Wow.  Talk about possibly throwing Snyder to the wolves.   Maybe this is the only way they feel they can get rid of him.....by forcing him to sell the team based on public outcry?   You know there has to be some really juicy stuff being released. 

As a WFT fan they should release them all, I’m sure a lot of people will be exposed for sure. I had a friend who worked in their ticket sales department years ago and won some award trip to Philly the year RGIII came back from his surgery to watch the game. I went with him and got to go to a meet and greet with the likes of Larry Michaels and the Santos (I think that was his name, I remembered seeing him there after his photo was released) who got let go as well and a few former players.  Wanna talk about weird dudes, those two just had an air about them and every women they met they would give these long hugs too that looked uncomfortable. Some of the female sales staff interaction with them was just as uncomfortable but wasn’t to the point of being blatant if that makes sense. Just weird vibes that you got, probably cause I had three sisters growing up, you just could tell something was off with them. When that story came out and they got let go l wasn’t the least bit surprised that those two were a part in that. I’m sure there is other stuff and I don’t think the franchise will be ok until it all does come out.

Just now, yoda said:

Violently agree... but we both know they will never see the light of day

which is pretty sad. NFL is running horribly. The head office protects their own and most importantly the $$$. Gruden being let go is an exception, not the rule. 

8 minutes ago, mappy said:

which is pretty sad. NFL is running horribly. The head office protects their own and most importantly the $$$. Gruden being let go is an exception, not the rule. 

Gruden was an escape goat.  Period.  Sacrificial lamb that allows the NFL to say "hey, look! We are trying to improve by shitcanning one person!" Meanwhile they ignore the fact they have a ton more old white dudes running things that are just as comfortable saying everything Gruden did and worse.  

100% agree they only care to protect the owners.  Its all about the money and Snyder=profits.  Somehow with as disastrous as the WTFs have been for decades Snyder makes money for the NFL with deals and marketing.  Therefore he is sacred.  And I'm sure a lot of other owners were fine with the stuff he did with the sexism and creepy cheerleader stuff.

• Like 1

• mappy unpinned this topic