Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October Banter 2021

George BM

1 hour ago, WxUSAF said:

Taking a family trip to Blackwater NWR and the Harriet Tubman URR museum this weekend. Anyone have restaurant recommendations in the Cambridge area?

Theo's and Ava's are both very good. Maybe not the ideal family place but RAR Brewing is excellent and has good food too.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, CAPE said:

Theo's and Ava's are both very good. Maybe not the ideal family place but RAR Brewing is excellent and has good food too.

The only place I’ve been is RAR and their burgers are really good. Lots of good outdoor seating too. I liked the lobster place across the street too before they closed.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

Drinking a Master of Oranges DIPA from Aslin. Pretty good stuff.

Great choice -- we live just a few miles downwind from Aslin's Alexandria shop, and are making a run there tomorrow afternoon to replace some of our stash. Hell, I'm sure we'll camp out in the taproom for a draft or two while we're there.  :) 

• Like 2

Looking forward to another week of 75-80 degree temps. Is this still Summer II or are we into Summer III yet?

I will get another round of grass seed germinated and the only leaves coming down are dry crispy ones typical of late summer. Oak trees are dropping a ton of acorns this year.

1 minute ago, MN Transplant said:

First time at Cox Farms.  Apparently with most of the rest of Northern VA.

I have unbelievably fond memories of Cox Farms. It's a great place -- but definitely less and less of a secret every year, if it ever was.. It was crazy before social media really took off ~15 years ago, can't be better now. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

I have unbelievably fond memories of Cox Farms. It's a great place -- but definitely less and less of a secret every year, if it ever was.. It was crazy before social media really took off ~15 years ago, can't be better now. 

Everybody seems to be having a lot of fun.  Nice weather for it.  Glad the sun isn’t out.

It sure seems that the PSU offensive coaches aren’t the sharpest knives in the drawer. Had a good drive going late where they ran it great about 5 plays in a row. Then somebody comes up with the brilliant idea of emptying the backfield and throwing the ball. It would seem obvious to me that play action is your friend in that situation.

51 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Went on a different kind of chase this weekend in the Adirondacks and it didn’t disappoint.

All unedited shots:

VXbRNbh.jpg

uH47WhA.jpg

hMAApWM.jpg

nm9sfjP.jpg

M89sFXc.jpg

You have outdone yourself sir. The last pic is one of the best I’ve ever seen. I saved it and will make a poster of it. If you have the actual file id love it if you could email it to me. If you have it PM me and I’ll send you my email. 

Wow

• Like 1

• mappy unpinned this topic