Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October Discobs 2021

George BM

1 hour ago, IronTy said:

This damp, warm, still, overcast weather is crap. I'm getting eaten up by mosquitoes trying to stack firewood.  My neighbor the street over is still running his loud ass pool pump for crying out loud.  

Ha our pool is still open too. 

Sun is out up here after a cool cloudy morning 

1 minute ago, nj2va said:

Yup, raking leaves and more acorn cleanup in the driveway. Third acorn cleanup this fall on my driveway and each time I fill up a garbage container with acorns. More annoying than leaves I think. 

Dump them in the woods, don’t trash them! 

16 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Dump them in the woods, don’t trash them! 

We a few pin oaks and this time of the year the squirrels will toss those acorns down at you!  They sting from 60'!

Those showers yesterday seemingly came out of nowhere and certainly did dump on us here!  I was in the woods on an ATV and felt a huge drop on my face and thought it was a "gift" from one of our larger feathered friends.  As soon as I emerged from the heavy canopy it was a full fledged downpour.  That was my cue to haul ass back to the shop since I had tools outside!  Guess I need to check radarscope more often.

seems to be some growing potential for the Tuesday deep offshore low to loop back to the south/southwest, which opens the door to rain rotating back into our area during the afternoon, likely accompanied by some stiff winds.    This is after the likelihood of heavy convective rains Monday evening.      And with the potential for a big soaker Friday/Saturday, this will be a much-needed wet week.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Eastern NJ up into SNE looks to get clobbered pretty good with heavy rain from this event. Close call for our area, and even here not sure I will see the 1-2" in the forecast. The coastal low looks to form late and track a bit too far offshore, which is always tricky at our latitude wrt to getting in on the good precip. This is like training for what is likey to come this winter lol.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, CAPE said:

Eastern NJ up into SNE looks to get clobbered pretty good with heavy rain from this event. Close call for our area, and even here not sure I will see the 1-2" in the forecast. The coastal low looks to form late and track a bit too far offshore, which is always tricky at our latitude wrt to getting in on the good precip. This is like training for what is likey to come this winter lol.

So tell me again why predicting mediocrity this winter is unreasonable? Lol This is typical nina!

• mappy unpinned this topic