Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Cold Season Thread 2021/2022

PhineasC

Event totals: 0.5” Snow/0.14” L.E.

It looks like the overnight accumulation marks the end of this storm, so the totals above should be the final numbers at our site for this one.

Details from the 6:00 A.M. Waterbury observations:

New Snow: 0.2 inches

New Liquid: 0.02 inches

Snow/Water Ratio: 10.0

Snow Density: 10.0% H2O

Temperature: 13.5 F

Sky: Partly Cloudy

Snow at the stake: 5.0 inches

11 hours ago, Skivt2 said:

You may not care and that’s your choice but FYI….if you go to Killington you may not want to refer to it as K-mart if you want to get along with locals.  It’s not well received here.  Again, maybe you don’t care.  And I doubt anyone would correct you or say anything to you if you say it.  But it definitely defines you as an outsider here because none of us would ever call it that since it’s derogatory. If you really want to shorten it then K-town is OK or just K is fine. We jokingly call it Killingtime occasionally. Lol

lolz

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, J.Spin said:

It’s been getting cloudier all morning and I’m starting to see some flakes here at our site, so it may be in association with that moisture that the radar shows coming in from the northwest:

10JAN22A.gif.f90c70af614b2f7f8c4a004f910a2ffe.gif

I’m at the State complex. Clouds but no flurries so far. 

24 minutes ago, mreaves said:

I’m at the State complex. Clouds but no flurries so far. 

We hadn’t had any accumulation earlier, but we have with this streamer that just came down the I-89 corridor.  Flakes are small, so it’s just a tenth of an inch, but we’ll see if any other streamers come through in this batch.

10JAN22B.gif.824e4628c0dfb7d654da1bc8e94eea34.gif

1 hour ago, backedgeapproaching said:

Decent downstream Ontario scraps causing some close to whiteout conditions little earlier..quick 1.5".  Might be it snow wise for a little while

20220110_145547_compress59.thumb.jpg.09ed063a9ff206eb83542f0dc7218c36.jpg

I was wondering if you or someone in SVT would get lit up.  Most models have a decent streamer at times even into tonight. Euro had a nice burst a bit north up in southern Rutland County.

635508C9-F2FC-4660-B9FF-D418436146E0.thumb.png.ece440803a83042944cf9e9c4db53c21.png

B2874975-3B48-420C-8917-55CEECDB731E.gif.461bbbdccabb8501dbbf2dd17d78d253.gif

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah tomorrow will be legit.  I’m off and don’t plan on skiing :lol:.

Looks like some places aren’t even opening til noon.  If the wind chills out in the afternoon, I might give it an hour, but that’s probably it.  Next weekend looks like it could be a repeat.  That would really suck for all those parents who have lessons booked for their kids over the holiday weekend.  I’ll take any cold if the wind was calm.

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

I was wondering if you or someone in SVT would get lit up.  Most models have a decent streamer at times even into tonight. Euro had a nice burst a bit north up in southern Rutland County.

635508C9-F2FC-4660-B9FF-D418436146E0.thumb.png.ece440803a83042944cf9e9c4db53c21.png

B2874975-3B48-420C-8917-55CEECDB731E.gif.461bbbdccabb8501dbbf2dd17d78d253.gif

Yea, some mesos have had that band right in Southern Rut County since yesterday and thats exactly where it is right now. Pretty nice modeling job nailing its location.

2064904601_WUNIDS_map(7).gif.f01464949364599c6aa2d72dff938ff9.gif

22 hours ago, Skivt2 said:

You may not care and that’s your choice but FYI….if you go to Killington you may not want to refer to it as K-mart if you want to get along with locals.  It’s not well received here.  Again, maybe you don’t care.  And I doubt anyone would correct you or say anything to you if you say it.  But it definitely defines you as an outsider here because none of us would ever call it that since it’s derogatory. If you really want to shorten it then K-town is OK or just K is fine. We jokingly call it Killingtime occasionally. Lol

I have to be honest…if someone doesn’t like me because I use the term “k-mart”, I’m cool with it.   I love the mountain, but I’m not too worried about what the locals think.  And I am an outsider…and that’s ok.  I live in New Jersey.  My wife and I plan on moving to Vermont when I retire, but I’m not pretending to be something else to fit in.  I just love to ski and ride (and drink beer too)…will never pretend to be something I’m not.

5 minutes ago, bwt3650 said:

I have to be honest…if someone doesn’t like me because I use the term “k-mart”, I’m cool with it.   I love the mountain, but I’m not too worried about what the locals think.  And I am an outsider…and that’s ok.  I live in New Jersey.  My wife and I plan on moving to Vermont when I retire, but I’m not pretending to be something else to fit in.  I just love to ski and ride (and drink beer too)…will never pretend to be something I’m not.

I am not exactly a lifetime NH native, and I have never encountered any issues with this either. 

I guess maybe somewhere there are groups of locals from NH having meet-ups where they get mad about stuff like this. I am not invited so I wouldn't know. LOL

8 minutes ago, Zeppy said:

3" still snowing. Some of southern VT must be making out well.  11.8/10.9 doesn't seem like the -6 forecast will materialize.

That's awesome.  Love surprise meso-scale snowy evenings.  Your clouds and snow should keep it "warmer" but if you go clear/calm with several inches of fresh fluff, you could drop fast.  I think you are on a hill top though?  May not vacate "warmth" as quickly as a calm valley with fresh snow?

Event totals: 0.1” Snow/Trace L.E.

Today we had various periods of light snow, but flakes were small and a tenth of an inch of accumulation with a trace of L.E. was all we picked up.  We’ve had a bit more potent snowfall this evening though, and it may be enhanced by a bit of moisture from Lake Champlain based on the comments in the BTV NWS forecast discussion.

Details from the 6:00 P.M. Waterbury observations:

New Snow: 0.1 inches

New Liquid: Trace

Temperature: 10.0 F

Sky: Light Snow (1-3 mm flakes)

Snow at the stake: 5.0 inches

2 hours ago, PhineasC said:

I am not exactly a lifetime NH native, and I have never encountered any issues with this either. 

I guess maybe somewhere there are groups of locals from NH having meet-ups where they get mad about stuff like this. I am not invited so I wouldn't know. LOL

Maybe that’s what the sne crew does when they have those meet ups at funky Murphys.  I really wanted to try and make one some day, but what if people are mean? 

• Like 1