Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
NNE Cold Season Thread 2021/2022

PhineasC

Event totals: 7.8” Snow/0.79” L.E.

With this latest round of accumulation, this storm has become the largest of the season in terms of total snow, passing the Nov 25th storm.

Details from the 12:00 P.M. Waterbury observations:

New Snow: 0.7 inches

New Liquid: 0.02 inches

Snow/Water Ratio: 35.0

Snow Density: 2.9% H2O

Temperature: 25.5 F

Sky: Light Snow (2-10 mm flakes)

Snow at the stake: 8.0 inches

• Like 1

Just now, PhineasC said:

I told forky to stop trolling and some SE forum mod who seems to have a hard on towards me decided to suspend me. It’s getting old, not the first time this has happened. Hopefully it doesn’t happen again. 

Bizarre. I stay out of the fray and try to avoid high school level exchanges but you definitely don’t strike me as a problem poster 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, alex said:

Snow not letting up (light stuff). Added another inch 

I hiked Mount Clay from the west side today, and it was still snowing steadily even when I left the Ammonoosuc Ravine trailhead at 4pm. Amazing how the post-synoptic upslope can persist for so long in your area. Having said that, I was pretty surprised at how little new snow there was when I arrived at 9am this morning. Your area was definitely a localized snowfall minimum during the synoptic portion of this event.

12 minutes ago, jculligan said:

I hiked Mount Clay from the west side today, and it was still snowing steadily even when I left the Ammonoosuc Ravine trailhead at 4pm. Amazing how the post-synoptic upslope can persist for so long in your area. Having said that, I was pretty surprised at how little new snow there was when I arrived at 9am this morning. Your area was definitely a localized snowfall minimum during the synoptic portion of this event.

Yes it was definitely a bizarre storm. Very hit or miss. But yes it just keeps going. Still light snow falling tonight 

I’ve got the north to south listing of available snowfall totals from the Vermont ski areas for Winter Storm Carrie thus far.  Based on the reports, there certainly seemed to be a bit of a local accumulations peak in the Middlebury-Killington stretch

Jay Peak: 9”

Burke: 7”

Smuggler’s Notch: 8”

Stowe: 5”

Bolton Valley: 6”

Sugarbush: 7”

Middlebury: 8”

Pico: 11”

Killington: 11”

Okemo: 6”

Bromley: 4”

Magic Mountain: 5”

Stratton: 6”

Mount Snow: 4”

1 minute ago, J.Spin said:

I’ve got the north to south listing of available snowfall totals from the Vermont ski areas for Winter Storm Carrie thus far.  Based on the reports, there certainly seemed to be a bit of a local accumulations peak in the Middlebury-Killington stretch

Jay Peak: 9”

Burke: 7”

Smuggler’s Notch: 8”

Stowe: 5”

Bolton Valley: 6”

Sugarbush: 7”

Middlebury: 8”

Pico: 11”

Killington: 11”

Okemo: 6”

Bromley: 4”

Magic Mountain: 5”

Stratton: 6”

Mount Snow: 4”

I was I Rutland yesterday and decided to come back up Rt.7 because Sherburne Pass was already getting sketchy on my way down. I know this is completely anecdotal but the worst driving conditions was that stretch of 7 from Rutland to just north of Middlebury. So that roughly corresponds with the same area. 

Event totals: 9.3” Snow/0.80” L.E.

After another 0.4” overnight, we’ve mostly cleared out now, so I’d say this system is complete and the above values are the final numbers at our site for Winter Storm Carrie.

Details from the 6:00 A.M. Waterbury observations:

New Snow: 0.4 inches

New Liquid: Trace

Temperature: 4.1 F

Sky: Partly Cloudy

Snow at the stake: 7.5 inches