Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
NNE Cold Season Thread 2021/2022

PhineasC

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Shutting down RT 108 through the Notch.

9B21005D-1324-40C7-B9F6-45352DB85134.thumb.jpeg.d1ba5b04ce4c5d8ec1c4ee6d0d1ba344.jpeg

There should be plenty of snow reports coming out of Lamoille County today.  My wife was remote with her students today because of some COVID-19 cases at school, and most of her kids in Lamoille County were getting snow.  It was great watching them cheering on the snow, and they would of course all take their devices and show what was going on outside.  In some spots it was pounding huge flakes, and I think some of the most notable were coming out the Hyde Park area.

As the radar suggested, that batch was just a bit north of our area, so I hadn’t seen any notable precipitation at our place beyond this morning’s accumulation. Driving toward BTV this morning though, it was pouring at times with some frozen in the drops, and I see there’s another pulse moving in:

03NOV21B.gif.b6c370c222d4a5dabdae565c4c70fb8e.gif

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, klw said:

Heavy burst by lake in BTV has it back to frozen again

I was walking back from giving lecture around noon and was going to comment that I was getting hit with frozen precipitation even way down here in BTV, so you know the mountains are getting plastered as PF’s observations would suggest.  Now even BTV is totally over to frozen, so you know it’s a snow-producing temperature profile in the atmosphere all over the place.  You can see Bolton even down at ~2,000’ is getting a good shot of accumulation:

03NOV21A.thumb.jpg.47f03d2b52b266909b4c429bc4c69db1.jpg

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

This is pretty awesome.

Just starting this round and it is absolutely nuking outside.  2.5" last 2 hours up high.  6" past 24 hours on the snow cam.

I'll try to make this video public on FB....

https://www.facebook.com/scott.braaten.35/videos/411423627194364

WUNIDS_map.gif

Nice PF, that showed up for me – looks great.  It’s definitely more intense than what’s falling here in BTV.

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

This is pretty awesome.

Just starting this round and it is absolutely nuking outside.  2.5" last 2 hours up high.  6" past 24 hours on the snow cam.

I'll try to make this video public on FB....

https://www.facebook.com/scott.braaten.35/videos/411423627194364

WUNIDS_map.gif

BTV NWS had a noontime update on today’s snow:

Area Forecast Discussion

National Weather Service Burlington VT

1159 AM EDT Wed Nov 3 2021

.NEAR TERM /THROUGH THURSDAY/...

As of 1157 AM EDT Wednesday...Tweaked the forecast a bit early for the area of snow traversing the Champlain Valley now. On the northern slopes of the Dacks, we`ve been receiving reports of measurable snow, and Plattsburgh, NY is reporting a mile and a half visibility with the snow at this time. Increased PoPs higher again, and lowered forecast high temperatures as wet-bulb cooling keeps us from warming too much. The rest of the forecast is on track. Have a great day!

42.3F  Graupel shower just ended

Congrats to everyone that is seeing their first frozen today.  I got in on the "excitement"  with a graupel shower that just ended.  Looks like another one is about to start. I also bumped up the thread that people can record their snowfall.

Quick Youtube video to document.