• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NNE Cold Season Thread 2021/2022

PhineasC

Ski trails are white above like 2,400ft.

I was up at 330am letting the dog out because she was all antsy and seemed to have to go out, and it was small ice pellets it seemed.  Precipitation was bouncing and it was real loud on the fallen leaves.  Looks like that was right when precip started so probably evaporational cooling got some IP down in the valley.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Ski trails are white above like 2,400ft.

I was up at 330am letting the dog out because she was all antsy and seemed to have to go out, and it was small ice pellets it seemed.  Precipitation was bouncing and it was real loud on the fallen leaves.  Looks like that was right when precip started so probably evaporational cooling got some IP down in the valley.

It’s go time on the mountain 

43 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

For amusement purposes only, the 18z GFS paints a pretty entertaining picture for the first part of November.

Euro has had something cooking on some of its run in that time frame too, Time of year where i get more interested, Especially its hunting season so it makes things a lot easier when you can track in snow where the deer are bedding down and feeding.

41 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Euro has had something cooking on some of its run in that time frame too, Time of year where i get more interested, Especially its hunting season so it makes things a lot easier when you can track in snow where the deer are bedding down and feeding.

It makes sitting next to the wood stove at camp with a bourbon in your hand easy too. 

First mention of snow this season in the P/C

Saturday
A chance of rain showers before 9am, then a chance of rain and snow showers between 9am and 10am, then rain showers after 10am. High near 50. Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
  • Like 1

Just now, klw said:

Both the 06 GFS and the 00 Euro showing snow up this way next Friday.  Only 9 days to see if it verifies.  Snow tires are now on both cars, most of the end of season yard duties are done, so it is about that time.

Have appointments next week for the snow tire change on both cars.  Hope to have the last leaves chopped today and tomorrow.  After that, I should be set.

Just now, mreaves said:

Have appointments next week for the snow tire change on both cars.  Hope to have the last leaves chopped today and tomorrow.  After that, I should be set.

Last of the leaves and putting the lawn chairs and kayaks away are on the agenda for this weekend.

7 hours ago, alex said:

I’m in BTV for a few days (hubby getting LASIK). So much foliage still left here! Burlington is a great little city 

Burlington is one of the more awesome places I know for what I want in a semi-urban setting.  Big lake, mountain views of the Adirondacks across the water setting the scene... the multiple colleges/university can add to a younger more optimistic vibe on life.  I guess that's why they call these small cities "vibrant."

It's climate is definitely a much more mild one than either the west slopes or areas east of the Spine.  BTV and the Vermont side of the Champlain Valley is a place of warmth in relative terms.  A great growing season for the latitude.  The wind is always moving, very poor radiational cooling, and well mixed funneling low level jet messing up the inversion there.  Compressional warming on other flows.

• Like 1