Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2021 Mid-Atlantic First Freeze Contest

WxUSAF

3 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I'm sorry to see this end.  I was kind of hoping that someone with an early or mid-December guess would surprise their way to a win.

thats the closest i've ever come to winning something i totally guessed at lol

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, mappy said:

it was a long night. the 4-6am hours were the worst. 

I really appreciate your dedication though. You're a true weenie. :weenie:

Perhaps you can get us another December 19th HECS with a moderate event to top it off from Christmas Eve into Christmas Day? I know that that will make a certain emergency manager's Christmas. You still have nearly a full month to up your skills. Good luck! :thumbsup:

10 minutes ago, George BM said:

I really appreciate your dedication though. You're a true weenie. :weenie:

Perhaps you can get us another December 19th HECS with a moderate event to top it off from Christmas Eve into Christmas Day? I know that that will make a certain emergency manager's Christmas. You still have nearly a full month to up your skills. Good luck! :thumbsup:

Ha. I do my best every year to will a 12/19 repeat. Ill try extra hard this year for the 12th anniversary. 

Congrats to @wxdude64 on winning the 2021 First Freeze contest!  @wxdude64 pulled out a very close contest with an exact forecast for DCA that hit 32F on an intrahour ob through a period of 34F hourly obs this morning.  @mappy and @yoda tied for 2nd, only 1 day behind.  For I think the first time in the history of the contest, our cumulative mean forecast was actually the best of all and beat @wxdude64 by 4 days!  

giphy.gif

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Congrats to [mention=8446]wxdude64[/mention] on winning the 2021 First Freeze contest!  [mention=8446]wxdude64[/mention] pulled out a very close contest with an exact forecast for DCA that hit 32F on an intrahour ob through a period of 34F hourly obs this morning.  [mention=115]mappy[/mention] and [mention=397]yoda[/mention] tied for 2nd, only 1 day behind.  For I think the first time in the history of the contest, our cumulative mean forecast was actually the best of all and beat [mention=8446]wxdude64[/mention] by 4 days!  
giphy.gif

Wisdom of crowds coming through… sorta surprised that’s the first time, in fact.

4 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Congrats to @wxdude64 on winning the 2021 First Freeze contest!  @wxdude64 pulled out a very close contest with an exact forecast for DCA that hit 32F on an intrahour ob through a period of 34F hourly obs this morning.  @mappy and @yoda tied for 2nd, only 1 day behind.  For I think the first time in the history of the contest, our cumulative mean forecast was actually the best of all and beat @wxdude64 by 4 days!  

giphy.gif

Thanks @WxUSAF 

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, yoda said:

DCA made it to 30 this morning too lol

Well of course, now that the contest is decided they turned off the heater.;) (We should be flattered they watch us so closely)

You inspired me to look, and it shows Mannassas went to 17. Dang. 

Teens and 20s into VA and the Carolinas. Tallahassee went to 28f. 

Congrats to wxdude64 on winning this contest. He is also leading the hurricane forecast contest (in the tropical weather forum) and would remain in a tie for first if we happen to pick up one more tropical storm that does not become a hurricane. His prediction was 19/7/4 and the seasonal count is 21/7/4. That contest included 30 forum members from various regional forums, and the NHC and CSU forecasts were also scored. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 11/23/2021 at 8:46 PM, WxUSAF said:

giphy.gif

Is there a tally sheet with the totals for everyone?

• Thanks 1