Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October Discussion: Bring the Frost-Hold the Snow

40/70 Benchmark

11 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

500k people without power in Mass Lol more than 1 or 2 communities.  I swear you might possibly live in the most boring spot for exciting weather in New England. 

It's probably more like 1 million, or 1.5 million people since customers represent households. 

"Particularly when we all know it will strike one or two communities while sparing the rest of us a pedestrian ordeal."

That's one way to downplay impacts that don't affect one's backyard. 

• Like 1

First mention of snow in my P/C forecast, And so it begins.

Saturday
A chance of rain showers before 9am, then a chance of rain and snow showers between 9am and 10am, then rain showers after 10am. High near 50. Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, dryslot said:

Saturday
A chance of rain showers before 9am, then a chance of rain and snow showers between 9am and 10am, then rain showers after 10am. High near 50. Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

I like the avatar-where is that?

2 hours ago, dryslot said:

Saturday

I've got to finish winterizing the boat.

4 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Nice!  I can be there in 4-5 hours although probably add an hour for lower speeds on winding 2 lane roads..

It would be on RTE 201 off of 495, Come Jan-Feb there are sections like a wash board with the frost so yeah it will rattle your teeth ha ha.

3 hours ago, dryslot said:

Yeah its 95 once you get to thru here and its the Fairfield/Skow exit 133 to hit 201.

Once you're out of the built-up section of Skowhegan one can roll, slowing for Solon/Bingham and the nasty curves just north of the latter.  The road north of there grows some frost heaves as winter goes on but the log trucks run 70+ if the pavement isn't icy.
Some truth in the joke about the PQ driver stopped for speeding on the interstate south of WVL.  "But officer, the sign says 95 and I was only 5 mph over."  After being instructed that it was a route number not a speed limit, he added, "I'm sure glad you didn't catch me on 201!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1