Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October Discussion: Bring the Frost-Hold the Snow

40/70 Benchmark

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Thermometers of the not-too-far-off future will be quantum sampling the thermal kinetic state, which won't require any of the apparatus constraints being an obvious advantage.  But that advantage is like thousands of times more accurate ...  on the deep, irrelevant right-side of the decimal points. 

These modern station sites may in fact error up to 3 degrees in particularly stressed circumstances, but are usually < 1 error... etc etc, so that sort of 'chunk' error will be recouped, but it will be capable of sub-tolerance precision.  I mean, 32.00000000000001431732 still freezes water due to the uncertain principle in that realm/sense of it..    But such a quantum sampling device, ... an integration of quantum thermometers with optics/satellite detection methods, will mean when it site reads a given temperature, it is that temperature a that site - really.

... I'm hoping it is 32.00000451, when the icing tolerance is 32.000000450

But what about dew points?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

No you report the guy in town from Wunderground . You mentioned something about trees over yours

I have a rain gauge that is away from anything that could affect it. I typically report that. On windy days or extremely heavy rain, my Davis has under catch. 

• Confused 1