Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October Discussion: Bring the Frost-Hold the Snow

40/70 Benchmark

3 hours ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

How many people you know got a 5.7% pay hike this year?  Cause if you didn't you actually got a pay cut from inflation.

My law firm has been looking to hire and retain staff and salaries for admin/paralegals are through the roof. Chances are if you have a job, you are doing much better than last year...admin staff on the island are now getting paid $25-$30 an hour! Nobody is making $15 anymore. 5 years ago yes, but now, everyone making money.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

37.9/61 at home today...finally fall like.

Spent the day around and actually a bit south of the equator.

god ...how long does one have to lock down there to win approval of a father in law lol...  seriously, you're missing an epic baseball novel

12 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

Definitely a nip in the air once the sun goes down. Fall's here, just need a good frost.

You say this on the night before a 3 days stint of 70+ lol...

I know what you mean tho. 

I find it interesting that we have so much pronounced -NAO and it's having so limited impact on the temperature anomalies.

-or -

it is having a huge impact, ...like, if it wasn't for there influencing, we'd be 80.

Not sure which is which...  But one thing is for sure, up there over the NE Pac/Alaskan sector ...the + or quasi +EPO is a circulation type that blunts cold loading int the Canadian shield.  It may be the difference between this year and last year's latter October.  Both feature(will) negative NAOs, but one can and one can't relay any cold south because that key source is cut off this time. 

Of course last year we rebounded in November pretty wildly with a week of 75+ but that's a different bridge -

13 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

You say this on the night before a 3 days stint of 70+ lol...

I know what you mean tho. 

I find it interesting that we have so much pronounced -NAO and it's having so limited impact on the temperature anomalies.

-or -

it is having a huge impact, ...like, if it wasn't for there influencing, we'd be 80.

Not sure which is which...  But one thing is for sure, up there over the NE Pac/Alaskan sector ...the + or quasi +EPO is a circulation type that blunts cold loading int the Canadian shield.  It may be the difference between this year and last year's latter October.  Both feature(will) negative NAOs, but one can and one can't relay any cold south because that key source is cut off this time. 

Of course last year we rebounded in November pretty wildly with a week of 75+ but that's a different bridge -

We will all be doing leaves into early Dec. Unreal how much green left on Oaks 

• Confused 2
  • Weenie 1

12 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

We will all be doing leaves into early Dec. Unreal how much green left on Oaks 

i don't know about your oaks, but mine lose leaves steadily from late-October all the way through spring. there is nothing worse than fallen oak leaves sitting on top of a fresh snowfall.

8 minutes ago, SJonesWX said:

i don't know about your oaks, but mine lose leaves steadily from late-October all the way through spring. there is nothing worse than fallen oak leaves sitting on top of a fresh snowfall.

Yup that happens. But this year . Other than Southbury CT.. the Oaks are way behind and lots of green. This is going to be the worst and latest cleanup since 2011. Look at this map. Other than the hills .. CT is mostly green

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yup that happens. But this year . Other than Southbury CT.. the Oaks are way behind and lots of green. This is going to be the worst and latest cleanup since 2011. Look at this map. Other than the hills .. CT is mostly green

That map shows my area "Near Peak" but everything except oaks, popple and understory beech is essentially bare.  We peaked 7-10 days ago.