Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October Discussion: Bring the Frost-Hold the Snow

40/70 Benchmark

10 minutes ago, donsutherland1 said:

At 10:54 pm, the temperature at Boston had fallen to 49 degrees. That is the latest first 40s temperature on record. The old record was October 13, 2018. 6 of the 15 cases where the first such reading occurred October 1 or later have occurred since 2010. 4 of the last 5 years have seen the first 40s occur on October 1 or later. 

The mean first date has increased as follows during the last three base periods: 1971-00: September 18; 1981-10: September 19: 1991-20: September 23. Records go back to 1872.

We GW.

2 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

When was it built?  Ours was in 2003, so it's insulated pretty well.  Stuff they build today is crazy more efficient than what was built even just 10 years ago.

1986. I think it’s just how it’s built. Gets some decent sun especially in summer. Windows are Anderson so they are fairly efficient. 
I did bake a chicken so maybe residual oven heat helped haha.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Need another 10-12 days for all need seed to germinate in Bedford mass . 

looking forward to Wed-Fri low 70’s

Germination will take longer with cooler days.  I would have held off seeding where you are till next year.  A good rule is you want to seed about 45 days ahead of your 1st frost.  That would put your area at 1st week of September as optimal time period.