Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October Discussion: Bring the Frost-Hold the Snow

40/70 Benchmark

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

I think because of all of her hair (golden retriever) it is just coming out as we brush.  Anyway it’s ok now so the faint sometimes odor can be managed.  We walk her late night without a leash.  I gave the signal to cross the street and as soon as she got across she was face to face.  So her instincts took over and by the time I’m realizing what’s happening I see the skunk in her mouth dangling thankfully upright.  Once the spray came she dropped it and we got home to begin the cleanup.  Didn’t have H2O2 or baking soda so I had to find someplace open.   Ended up at a CVS on Boylston St in the back bay.  She stayed outdoors until we got her reasonably cleaned.  Then I bought an anti skunk shampoo yesterday and shampooed outdoors.  Then the vinegar treatment.  Then  2 more H2O2 and another one today.  We’re thankful her eyes escaped.  Had to get a mew collar-old leash and collar discarded.  We always had a backup leash.  What a weekend!

Haven’t had to do that with our dog thankfully but we did have to do it with our cat. He wasn’t nearly as gracious about the treatment as your dog was. 

1 hour ago, Lava Rock said:

Great boat ride down the Kennebec to Popham Beach. 75mi round tripc949f8a4d9222e138020b381882057ac.jpg4186e118528783730564551545aeaf91.jpg3de446abffe0023ca3d35d7ef95fda41.jpgb43a97e435760184454f038cf3b4aeb4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Making lemonade out of the late season lemons.  I love the mountains but if I couldn’t be in them, I’d be on the water.  Jealous of you guys with boats that live so close.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

I was wondering that, his house photos show a garage but every pic has his vehicles either on the street or in the driveway.  Maybe S.VT isn’t the only place hiding bodies?

I have a feeling the wife's car is in the garage and the remaining space is dedicated to extremely well-organized and arranged household tools. Just a hunch.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, tamarack said:

Farmington co-op's latest date for 1st frost is the 290th day of the year, POR back thru 1893.  Today is #290 and we're still counting.

Woah. I had to look up where Farmington, ME is; that's nestled in there too (not near the coast) which makes that record even more alarming. How's it looking for that 24-26th window last I checked it looked like some freezing temps were going to infiltrate a good portion of New England. 

16 minutes ago, It's Always Sunny said:

Woah. I had to look up where Farmington, ME is; that's nestled in there too (not near the coast) which makes that record even more alarming. How's it looking for that 24-26th window last I checked it looked like some freezing temps were going to infiltrate a good portion of New England. 

That’s nothing.  Mount Mansfield’s record late freeze was October 6th, 2011 (65-year dataset)…. this morning it’s 34F.

Almost two full weeks past the 65 year record latest freeze and we might hit it in the next 24 hours.  Normal is over a month ago on Sept 17.  In 2017 the first freeze was over 6 weeks ago on 9/1 :lol:.  Even the Associate Press picked up that record.

https://apnews.com/article/vermont-weather-881cdfa5bb323173360662d3f1f7a8cf

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

That’s nothing.  Mount Mansfield’s record late freeze was October 6th, 2011 (65-year dataset)…. this morning it’s 34F.

Almost two full weeks past the 65 year record latest freeze and we might hit it in the next 24 hours.  Normal is over a month ago on Sept 17.  In 2017 the first freeze was over 6 weeks ago on 9/1 :lol:.

wow-amazed.gif