Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
October Discussion: Bring the Frost-Hold the Snow

40/70 Benchmark

48 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

What a day yesterday on the Sound. Water is still amazingly warm for mid October. No complaints if this continues into November....

20211015_085912.jpg

Todays another great beach day and I bet we hit 80 again here.  The sound is still around 70 here and I just walked my dog by the beach and people were in the water. You notice the insane amount of baby crabs everywhere?

2 hours ago, butterfish55 said:
2 hours ago, Baroclinic Zone said:
Why are people focused on fantasy snow when we are having one of the greatest extended stretches of Summer in recent memory.

If we can keep the torch going through the end of the month and into November the snow will have a hard time sticking to the warm pavement when it eventually comes.

Nah, the angle of the sun will compensate for it especially if the snow falls at night.

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

This is great. We have 6 months to see lows shooting up to our west and crap weather. Outdoor everything in mid October. Love to see it.

This weather is fantastic and it has been a blessing to all of the restaurants with outdoor seating.  Nice extended season to put a little money in the coffers before winter.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

How the mighty winter weenies of SNE have fallen, reduced to begging for MD climo. You hate to see it. 

Its a veiled response, Deep down, Some wish there would be cold and October snow on the horizon, Then you have the others that would cancel winter if it happened.

4 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Its a veiled response, Deep down, Some wish there would be cold and October snow on the horizon, Then you have the others that would cancel winter if it happened.

If there’s one thing I’ve noticed, if it was a snow threat everyone is in on it… but it’s the gap between nice outdoor 60-75F and cold/snow that gets people.

Even Will has said it for years… highs in the 40s and 50s are some of the least desirable weather on the planet (ie Maryland in winter).  Anything to minimize that, be it snow chances lingering in spring followed by fast warm up… or mild autumn that flips to winter in November.  

13 minutes ago, A Moonlit Sky said:

Having no transition weather is boring and there's more to weather in the world than personal comfort.

Yeah, I personally enjoy those clear and crisp days in the upper 40s/lower 50s with a breeze while watching the leaves fall or strolling through some pumpkin patch/corn maze/apple cider fest thing. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, dryslot said:

It’s been great weather prolonging the warm season. The snow will come eventually, but for now we Torchtober.

I love snow as much as the next weenie, but it’s October. I’ll bitch plenty when it’s 62 on Christmas.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

It’s been great weather prolonging the warm season. The snow will come eventually, but for now we Torchtober.

I love snow as much as the next weenie, but it’s October. I’ll bitch plenty when it’s 62 on Christmas.

We know you will, And i will bitch right back as well if it happens too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Yeah, I personally enjoy those clear and crisp days in the upper 40s/lower 50s with a breeze while watching the leaves fall or strolling through some pumpkin patch/corn maze/apple cider fest thing. 

Lifetime Original movie set in NNE in October type vibe.  Men in flannels, women in boots.  How they print it in the brochure.  Brochure says nothing about Torchtober.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PhineasC said:

How the mighty winter weenies of SNE have fallen, reduced to begging for MD climo. You hate to see it. 

I'm not in my 10s/20s anymore.  I have no need for snow/winter.  All it does is become an aggravation for day-to-day work/living.  It can snow 24" but it needs to melt the next day.

• Weenie 3

31 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That's the main thing.  It will come.  Just like in April/May, summer will come eventually.  No need to rush it.

31 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

We have Mowvember and Dewcember to go through before Winter.

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Yeah October and November are my favorite months and losing their signature weather bums me out. It connects me with my childhood when we moved from NY to CT and the seasonal changes came earlier. The weather and the New England architecture and Halloween stuff seemed super exotic to me then. Loved it ever since.

• Like 3