SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
October Discussion: Bring the Frost-Hold the Snow

40/70 Benchmark

28 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

6z GFS was just sooo close....

As tippy said this isn’t as far fetched as SCF thinks 

it’s out there but it’s possible with the trough being seen on some models . I.E worth monitoring-that’s all

Rev May see it at last moment as that’s around the time he morphs into his alter ego 

Ginxy - nice AC on last nite . Felt amazing -

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

As tippy said this isn’t as far fetched as SCF thinks 

it’s out there but it’s possible with the trough being seen on some models . I.E worth monitoring-that’s all

Rev May see it at last moment as that’s around the time he morphs into his alter ego 

Ginxy - nice AC on last nite . Felt amazing -

I see zero chance of a snowstorm into mid Nov

4 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

it bodes well for winter to keep it warm as long into turkey day as possible, so when the sling shot back happens it's cold and snowy

I don't think that's how it works. It's warm for a reason, that reason being a very negative PDO and positive EPO. 

If those conditions stay present through late November then chances are they'll stick around for the winter. 

I don't know any winter where September-November torched and Dec-Feb were cold & snowy.

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Nothing is ever zero, but those clown maps are dropping stupid amounts of snow at 34F temps. Sell it all.

It can't snow at 34 degrees?

24 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

This weather is horrible.. who wants to look at changing leaves when it's 75 to 80

Agree

24 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

I don't think that's how it works. It's warm for a reason, that reason being a very negative PDO and positive EPO. 

If those conditions stay present through late November then chances are they'll stick around for the winter. 

I don't know any winter where September-November torched and Dec-Feb were cold & snowy.

He's  right

Let's wait for the cold . No one wants it to be cold right now.

9 hours ago, Whineminster said:

Ginx is right, hen of the woods, some chicken of the woods, some buttons. Some other generic ones that grow at base of oaks....not sure what they're called but they're good in gravy with sausage over pasta...mmmm.  

Ever look for birch boletes?  Form is like the farmed variety but with a reddish cap, found near birches and aspen, delicious.  Have rarely seen them at my current location but picked a fair amount when we lived up north.  The friend who introduced me to the species noted that boletus edulis, found in spruce stands, is the best.  I've never seen one.

Near 60 this morning, avg minimum for 10/15 is 35.  Dews finally reached here after the finest mid-October wx in memory.  Temps 11-14:
67/45
73/43
73/45
72/45

34 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Ever look for birch boletes?  Form is like the farmed variety but with a reddish cap, found near birches and aspen, delicious.  Have rarely seen them at my current location but picked a fair amount when we lived up north.  The friend who introduced me to the species noted that boletus edulis, found in spruce stands, is the best.  I've never seen one.

Near 60 this morning, avg minimum for 10/15 is 35.  Dews finally reached here after the finest mid-October wx in memory.  Temps 11-14:
67/45
73/43
73/45
72/45

Yeah I recommend if one wonders over a wild crop of them ..they should immediately and enthusiastically masticate them without any blue testing first.  Mm...yummy. And the delicious ensuing biliary foaming 'ill make caster-oil reduction seem like soothing cup of warm cocoa.

4 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Yeah I recommend if one wonders over a wild crop of them ..they should immediately and enthusiastically masticate them without any blue testing first.  Mm...yummy. And the delicious ensuing biliary foaming 'ill make caster-oil reduction seem like soothing cup of warm cocoa.

The same friend who alerted me to birch boletes proposed this test for mushroom consumption:  "Take a bite then wait 20 minutes.  If you don't feel dizzy/nauseated you're good to go." :lol:
Since some of the most toxic 'shrooms don't present symptoms for several hours, and have no antidote, one should ponder one's actions.

• Haha 1