Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October Discussion: Bring the Frost-Hold the Snow

40/70 Benchmark

10 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Euro looks odd to me still. I don't buy these uber weenie downpours on the WF dropping over 1.5" on an area that size of a football field in SNH.

Broken euro ?

is the update essentially a way for the company running the euro to make more money selling subscriptions/ marketing piece. Is their updated pricing to enjoy this data ... 

4 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Broken euro ?

is the update essentially a way for the company running the euro to make more money selling subscriptions/ marketing piece. Is their updated pricing to enjoy this data ... 

The updates are to tweak and improve performance. Perhaps it is correct....but I've seen a few runs that looked a bit strange to me. We shall see.

19 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

The updates are to tweak and improve performance. Perhaps it is correct....but I've seen a few runs that looked a bit strange to me. We shall see.

But what would define "correct" about dappling those QPF bombs.    Are we looking for the models to be precise about where and when, or... just the fact that it occurs at all ? 

I don't have a problem with IB related convection but ... mmm I am inclined to agree that at this time of year, with so-so DP in the return flow overrunning... It looks suspicious even for 'whether it happens or not' 

Then, we could get a single productive thunderstorm cell and nothing else, does that count?   

It's almost "NAMian" in the sense that it is too sensy perhaps.  Ekster and I had this conversation hanging over the stairwell down at Eastern back when it was down in Providence ... jesus, 12 years ago?  heh.  Anyway, we speculating that a lot of the problem with the NAM is that it it's too resolved - like too good of thing.  It sees and almost like "speculates" to fill in gaps and that's the source for it's distractive aberrancy - we were just musing ... but, maybe the Euro is like "trying too hard" in that sense

21 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

But what would define "correct" about dappling those QPF bombs.    Are we looking for the models to be precise about where and when, or... just the fact that it occurs at all ? 

I don't have a problem with IB related convection but ... mmm I am inclined to agree that at this time of year, with so-so DP in the return flow overrunning... It looks suspicious even for 'whether it happens or not' 

Then, we could get a single productive thunderstorm cell and nothing else, does that count?   

It's almost "NAMian" in the sense that it is too sensy perhaps.  Ekster and I had this conversation hanging over the stairwell down at Eastern back when it was down in Providence ... jesus, 12 years ago?  heh.  Anyway, we speculating that a lot of the problem with the NAM is that it it's too resolved - like too good of thing.  It sees and almost like "speculates" to fill in gaps and that's the source for it's distractive aberrancy - we were just musing ... but, maybe the Euro is like "trying too hard" in that sense

Yes, NAMian. It looks suspicious to me and perhaps too aggressive with it. However, I'm not saying to toss.....just that it seems suspicious.