Newest Member
    Dano62
October Discussion: Bring the Frost-Hold the Snow

40/70 Benchmark

Departures this month so far:

MVL is +7.8.

MPV is +9.0. 

BTV is +6.7.

In 14 days this month we have not hit the average minimum temperature once on any day.

Average today is 58/36.  We should pretty much be seeing frost nightly here this week if it's a "normal" routine.

Yesterday was a +15 daily departure :lol:.

It's rare but BTV has a lower departure because the minimums have been high.  So the interior VT sites are just getting roasted while BTV is used to not cooling off at night.

6 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Departures this month so far:

MVL is +7.8.

MPV is +9.0. 

BTV is +6.7.

In 14 days this month we have not hit the average minimum temperature once on any day.

Average today is 58/36.  We should pretty much be seeing frost nightly here this week if it's a "normal" routine.

Yesterday was a +15 daily departure :lol:.

It's rare but BTV has a lower departure because the minimums have been high.  So the interior VT sites are just getting roasted while BTV is used to not cooling off at night.

Back broken?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

:(  Mines still running.  House gets up to mid/upper 70s without it.

Yeah hasn’t broken there then.  Its still been record warm relative to normal but not uncomfortable if that makes sense.

I bin a lot of obs into A/C vs using heat.  Summer weather is fans or A/C… winter weather is cranking heat 24/7.  We have been stuck in between those two things for 6 weeks now :lol:.

Averages keep going down but the temperature remains the same.

Next week will definitely have some chillier days. Might be two cold pushes....one Sunday through Tuesday....then maybe a relaxation Wed/Thu and then another next weekend. We'll see how it plays out.

I wish Sunday's cold push was a little stronger....ideally we'd get a hard freeze either Sun night or Mon night to kill the bugs and then go back to above normal temps, but it looks more like lows in the 30s and not quite a freeze except for the typical rad spots.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah fans and windows open at night even for me. 

Our bedroom heats up into the mid 70s during the day, but by 8-9pm it cools off enough to close the windows. It's a different world in Torchton though. AC has been out since early Sep and I don't think we've used the window fans since then either. It's way AN, but mostly on the mins and the low 70s during the day have been perfect with just the right amount of humidity.

11 minutes ago, dendrite said:

And it doesn't cool off at night with the windows open?

No screens on my windows, so we only open windows till the sash-limiter is hit, which is about 4".  We have cats that would take every opportunity to jump out a window.  I have a fan set up to try any bring in outside air but blinds block it.