Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October Discussion: Bring the Frost-Hold the Snow

40/70 Benchmark

52 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

On a rad cooling night you could easily be at 36F at 2m but 32F on your windshield or blades of grass. 

Yep. But my comment is more the general public looking out their window and seeing ice or not. I've heard people say "well I had no frost" but it was like 26 and windy. LOL. 

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

That’s not a real frost. That’s fake cold at the ground level or cold car tops. That won’t kill anything 

Beer?

Many types of vegetation have been found to grow at ground level. Fake cold at the ground level has also been found to be real enough to freeze water on them and freeze the water in their cells.

This is the same vegetation that experiences fake dews in the summer.  They often struggle with realizing their existence.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

57 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Beer?

Many types of vegetation have been found to grow at ground level. Fake cold at the ground level has also been found to be real enough to freeze water on them and freeze the water in their cells.

This is the same vegetation that experiences fake dews in the summer.  They often struggle with realizing their existence.

I don’t think it’s “fake” cold per se. I liken it to “alternative” cold instead. 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

things seem to be  getting a bit steiny (Not a drought!) but just a dryish pattern 

Infrequent precipitation 

The extended reminds me of Feb and March up here last winter. Small temp range and little precipitation for days on end. Hopefully we are getting that mode out of the way now and then November roars in mid-month to lock in winter. It's fine in October to be warmish and dry, some colder nights would be nice though. 

Looking around the area NWS sites... HFD/ORH/FIT/BOS/CON were all between +12 and +16 above climatology for overnight lows this morning ...

I wonder, do the low temperature departures outclass the high temperature departures poised to bathe the region later this afternoon.   Perfect heating conditions ...relative to October 13 ... so it could be close.  55 to 63 are the pan-average highs, so obviously that would require 67 to 79 be reached in order to compare evenly.  Heh, seems a bit pricey but it is already 63 at FIT and 66 at BOS

Looking ahead at the higher confidence synoptic layout for the next 4 days... it really appears there is no stopping this four-day aggregate from being rather exceptionally warm. 

I mentioned this a long while ago, that a warm or near historic warm interlude was looking more likely ... It appears those early signals were not ultimately defeated by the usual attempt by operational models to interim hide it.  Haha...