Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
October Discussion: Bring the Frost-Hold the Snow

40/70 Benchmark

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Absolutely.  Backpack leaf blower was game changing.  Can just push a whole yard of leaves into the woods with a blower in a couple hours.  As a kid I loved mowing the lawn but raking was like going to the dentist.

They are an absolute blessing . I can’t remember the last person I saw anywhere raking their lawn lol. I mean think about it.. A 16 pronged plastic rake piling up hundreds of thousands of leaves.. wet .. sticks and acorns gumming it up . Drop the $400 and get a blower 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Sale is back to being a non contributing player . As we enter playoffs . Sox r Done

I'd try to unload him in the off-season. He's 32 (a few years past prime for a pitcher), thrown all of 43 innings in the past two years, and despite being 18 months removed from TJ still looks nothing like the pitcher he was before. Going forward he'll be Pedro post-rotator cuff - some flashes of the pitcher he used to be, generally serviceable, but never in that top shelf elite category. Unfortunately the deal the Sox signed is Bonilla-esque.

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

They are an absolute blessing . I can’t remember the last person I saw anywhere raking their lawn lol. I mean think about it.. A 16 pronged plastic rake piling up hundreds of thousands of leaves.. wet .. sticks and acorns gumming it up . Drop the $400 and get a blower 

Noise makers. I find raking leaves cathartic. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I hire guys but feel guilty about it…

I love working outside. Raking leaves is good upper body exercise and it's a calming exercise to me. I have a blower for the driveway but it's battery powered and doesn't have that jet engine blast . Hope Kev wears ear protection and a mask. He worries about pollen but blows tons of it in the air with his 200 mph blower. Lol  I put my buds in while I rake with my jams on. Mindless work is a great stress reducer. Oddly there was a WSJ article on leaf blowers today. Lol

The leaf blower is to suburban life what the 3:30 a.m. rave in the short-term-rental apartment upstairs is to city life. They happen. They are completely out of your control. They make you want to commit murder. https://t.co/2pCIZZjFsb

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

I love working outside. Raking leaves is good upper body exercise and it's a calming exercise to me. I have a blower for the driveway but it's battery powered and doesn't have that jet engine blast . Hope Kev wears ear protection and a mask. He worries about pollen but blows tons of it in the air with his 200 mph blower. Lol  I put my buds in while I rake with my jams on. Mindless work is a great stress reducer. Oddly there was a WSJ article on leaf blowers today. Lol

The leaf blower is to suburban life what the 3:30 a.m. rave in the short-term-rental apartment upstairs is to city life. They happen. They are completely out of your control. They make you want to commit murder. https://t.co/2pCIZZjFsb

I tend to agree but time is precious and my exercise is via other types of yard work, strength training, walking and hiking

3 hours ago, Torch Tiger said:

Raking? lol  Redmax 230 mph tuned up, moves almost everything up to like 2.5-3" boulders.  Takes like 20 min to do an acre

Have the same thing. And you're not kidding about the rocks. In the winter I used it to blow the snow off my wood piles.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

How is that any different than a lawnmower and a snowblower. Unless you have one of those manual push mower with the blades that chops up the grass that they used in the 50’s.

Lol I have an electric lawnmower smooth as pie. Maybe it's the variable speed constant reving up and down versus the steady hum of a lawnmower.  I get it though. Hopefully you are not the 7AM neighbor.  Interestingly you shovel snow versus snowblower. Isn't that the same thing? Snow shoveling is cathartic to you. You see man everyone is different not stepford wives.

I hate leaf blowers. I have a relatively small yard and use rake and blue tarp and drag into the woods behind house, I hate that too. but leaf blower hate > raking hate. 

I also shovel my snow versus using a snow blower but my feelings about that are much more muted.

10 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Lol I have an electric lawnmower smooth as pie. Maybe it's the variable speed constant reving up and down versus the steady hum of a lawnmower.  I get it though. Hopefully you are not the 7AM neighbor.  Interestingly you shovel snow versus snowblower. Isn't that the same thing? Snow shoveling is cathartic to you. You see man everyone is different not stepford wives.

Nah, I’ve had a snowblower for 2 years now. This job doesn’t allow me the time to shovel . I actually don’t miss it 

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

How is that any different than a lawnmower and a snowblower. Unless you have one of those manual push mower with the blades that chops up the grass that they used in the 50’s.

My electric mower is super quiet.  I was shocked how quiet it was.  
I have a corded leaf blower but will be getting the battery powered one soon that used the same battery as my mower 

11 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I rake.