Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
October Discussion: Bring the Frost-Hold the Snow

40/70 Benchmark

21 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

Before my time, but I still really love 80’s music. The period from 1980-1990 had the best songs ever made IMO

Tttttttttt....Ooooo...Rrrrrrrr...Cccc....Hhhhh...Yyyyy.....

Tooorrrrcccchhhyyyyy Dance....

You can torch if you want to...

You can leave ACATT friends behind...

Because if your friends don’t like to torch  and if they don’t like to torch,

Well then they’re no friends of mine...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Seriously though, maybe later Sunday and Monday have clouds and a few showers.....overall a heck of a stretch. Just stop bitching about needing cold and enjoy it.

The other option of cold and snow this month doesn’t work either from a superstitious standpoint so we’ll take the sticky cheeks for another two weeks.

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It’s got 1/2” up to Springfield. It’s coming and will ruin both days 

Most of Sunday looks dry regardless...so at most, your sleep gets ruined Sunday night and maybe part of Monday morning. Meh

And that if you believe the Euro 100% and ignore all of the other models who are smacking you with :stein:

21 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Geothermal heating and cooling Cory. You have solar already so you’re half way to energy independence.

https://dandelionenergy.com/

edit: I see you’re getting a heat pump which is great but geothermal uses a heat pump but get rids of your AC units. As long as your have existing duck work, it’s not that expensive. And using solar to power the geo is ideal/awesome.

I have actually looked into this, even before the panels went on. The sticker price was around 30 grand before tax incentives. A bit pricier than I was looking for, but will reopen that route before we make a decision. We are adding a wood burning insert for this winter to see how much we can knock off the oil usage. Our a/c unit is 14 years old and ready to be replaced, the oil burner is the same age, but has a good 5 years left, but the tank/flue liner needs replaced sooner rather than later, so that may be the push to remove the system all together. Odds are this winter ends up being warmer than normal, little snow and I will have no clue how well the wood insert could do....

How is your solar search going?