Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October Discussion: Bring the Frost-Hold the Snow

40/70 Benchmark

Just now, HoarfrostHubb said:

Oaks are so lame.  They eventually go brown and then just sit on the branches until November.  

I have a couple that do turn red...I assume red oak? Tamarack would know. I have several different species and they do sort of drop leaves and leaf out at different times. Good ole fashioned south shore oak. Used to make ships out of them. 

19 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I’m not a big country guy, but his voice is awesome. 

A lot of country is great.. not all but Luke Combs, Blake . Etc .  they’re fantastic. Pop stuff like Dan and Shay , Thomas Rhett etc.. no thanks . 
Stapleton to me is not really country . More southern rock .. but he does a ton of slower, bluesy stuff . The Maggie song about the dog brings a tear to the eye every single time you hear it when you think about your own dog . To a man 

• Confused 1

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

A lot of country is great.. not all but Luke Combs, Blake . Etc they’re fantastic. Pip stuff like Dan and Shay , Thomas Rhett etc.. no thanks . 
Stapleton to me is not really country . More southern rock .. but he does a ton of slower, bluesy stuff . The Maggie song about the dog brings a tear to the eye every single time you hear it when you think about your own dog . To a man 

Maybe that's what it is....that soulful blues stuff. I think it's great. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

What is real? How do you define real?

PF invited me up last winter to "enjoy some sweet powder" but the address he gave me was a dingy office in Burlington and he is actually a pot-bellied guy in his late 50s who wears Hawaiian shirts and cargo shorts all winter and refuses to take off his sunglasses, even indoors. It was kinda weird but he said not to tell anyone that it's been a lie all these years. Had some top-shelf cocaine though.

• Haha 6

17 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

PF invited me up last winter to "enjoy some sweet powder" but the address he gave me was a dingy office in Burlington and he is actually a pot-bellied guy in his late 50s who wears Hawaiian shirts and cargo shorts all winter and refuses to take off his sunglasses, even indoors. It was kinda weird but he said not to tell anyone that it's been a lie all these years. Had some top-shelf cocaine though.

LOL I knew it. 

40 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

I told you what would happen if you let people know… I trusted you with the Randolph/Gorham market.  You were about to get everything from Berlin to Whitefield.

F752AD3A-3B9B-424E-BCCF-B27FDE4BDD82.webp.7580cd105af2e7016842fcdf995d7e3e.webp

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

A lot of country is great.. not all but Luke Combs, Blake . Etc .  they’re fantastic. Pop stuff like Dan and Shay , Thomas Rhett etc.. no thanks . 

Check out Sturgill Simpson, Blackberry Smoke and Tyler Childers.  Killer alt-country.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Check out Sturgill Simpson, Blackberry Smoke and Tyler Childers.  Killer alt-country.

Hope sturgill Simpson comes to the area I think he's the best of the bunch.. I've seen blackberry smoke with government mule. Encore was Warren Haynes and the dude from blackberry smoke doing "can't you see". It rocked...

7 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Hope sturgill Simpson comes to the area I think he's the best of the bunch.. I've seen blackberry smoke with government mule. Encore was Warren Haynes and the dude from blackberry smoke doing "can't you see". It rocked...

True story.   I was at a Mule show at Lupo's in Providence RI in Fall of 1998 and was talking to Warren and his guitar tech before the show.  I had brought them a copy of a Boston newspaper that had incorrectly stated that Warren was in Lynyrd Skynyrd.  They got a kick out of that and we got to talking about cool cover songs and they mentioned a few Skynyrd songs and I suggested "Can't You See" by the Marshall Tucker Band.  Warren's eyes lit up and he expressed his fondness for MTB.   They broke it out a few months later.  I like to think that conversation was a catalyst for working "Can't You See" into their song rotation.  

I'm guessing this was probably the show you were at?   Great evening of music.

• Like 3

Sun came out today for the first time since last week.  Enjoyed a nice foliage stroll with the wife and dog after work.  Just spectacular weather.

Hit 71F at MVL, down to 46F now.  Above normal but could be much worse.

2L8A2048-1.thumb.jpg.6377f23323893d064ef4056566d12d83.jpg

Hung out above 3,000ft until the shadows grew and it got chilly.  The hillsides are now orange and red on the whole.

2L8A2077-5.jpg.06bb56380cc6fba072eadad6a91ee4ec.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

1 hour ago, kdxken said:

Excellent bands. So many good non top 40 country and country blues bands. Great to see and hear. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

True story.   I was at a Mule show at Lupo's in Providence RI in Fall of 1998 and was talking to Warren and his guitar tech before the show.  I had brought them a copy of a Boston newspaper that had incorrectly stated that Warren was in Lynyrd Skynyrd.  They got a kick out of that and we got to talking about cool cover songs and they mentioned a few Skynyrd songs and I suggested "Can't You See" by the Marshall Tucker Band.  Warren's eyes lit up and he expressed his fondness for MTB.   They broke it out a few months later.  I like to think that conversation was a catalyst for working "Can't You See" into their song rotation.  

I'm guessing this was probably the show you were at?   Great evening of music.

Saw Gov’t Mule quite a few times in BTV. Some great shows. On Church St. for Mardi Gras, in a small club on Lower Church St. and probably the best set of live music I’ve ever personally been in the audience for at Memorial Auditorium.  They’ve gotten a little noodlely and jammy for me but I really loved that original trio. Oh and I love this song. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Most country is hard to listen to for me . There are a few but most I just can’t . Maybe if a milf in daisy dukes was playing it that would help 

Most modern music also blows .

Get off top 40 radio and dig down deep on some Pandora or Spotify Playlists. A lot of good stuff out there. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SouthCoastMA said:

nothing can top 91-95 imo. so many great bands and albums released during that short time. when will the next musical renaissance happen?

Before my time, but I still really love 80’s music. The period from 1980-1990 had the best songs ever made IMO

• Like 1