Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October Discussion: Bring the Frost-Hold the Snow

40/70 Benchmark

3 hours ago, Spanks45 said:

Yup, just filled up the tank at $2.50/gallon. I can't imagine what it will be come January, can't wait to swap the old oil tank for a heat pump system.

A billboard for heating oil that's been at $2.39 all summer just jumped 30 cents to $2.69 the last week or so. I'm sure it will be $3 once it gets cold.

Natural gas prices are sky high as well and I think they are double from last year.

I have been on solar and heat pumps for my heat for the last 3 winters. Best investment ever. The state and federal rebates for both paid for like half the cost. Electric bill is just the $9 connection charge every month.

10 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Maybe a wee bit saturation, but great pic.

It's definitely juiced.  It would look good as a photo in that lakehouse though, that's for sure.

We had some undercast this morning with the peaks poking out of the clouds, similar to a mid-winter level of undercast.  The top of the cloud layer was around 3,000-3,500ft early.  That's normally reserved for like December trapped moisture.

Finally the sun is coming out here for the first time since Friday.  Incredible low cloud period which means we are in fall... a lot less mixing than we got 6 weeks ago.

27 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Seemed near peak along I90 in NY yesterday afternoon.   Foliage to me seems close to normal.  Peak for the Boston area typically is around 10/20-10/25.   Probably 5 days later vs 30 years ago.

Someone thinks you are extremely confused.  It's months late.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Jeff Grann said:

LOL....Our generation is still at work after 4:45 and after the 1-2 hr commute from the city home, dinner is after 7 for many. We also walk the dog after dinner and then sit down in our recliners and unwind by watching a baseball or hockey game before bed...A foreign concept to those immersed in Tic Tok and what Khloe Kardashian is doing all day.

boomer

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

It's definitely juiced.  It would look good as a photo in that lakehouse though, that's for sure.

We had some undercast this morning with the peaks poking out of the clouds, similar to a mid-winter level of undercast.  The top of the cloud layer was around 3,000-3,500ft early.  That's normally reserved for like December trapped moisture.

Finally the sun is coming out here for the first time since Friday.  Incredible low cloud period which means we are in fall... a lot less mixing than we got 6 weeks ago.

I hate when people do that it cheapens the photo. Doesn't look real anymore.