Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October Discussion: Bring the Frost-Hold the Snow

40/70 Benchmark

4 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah RT 100 on the whole between Killington to Mad River Valley to Waterbury to Stowe is like the apex of foliage traffic up here.  And very few roads going east west in that stretch due to terrain aside from the Waterbury area.

Pretty stretch however.

8 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Heading over to smugglers for lunch. Weather blows.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Its so bad I came into work for the afternoon to get a few things done, so I can be in a position to duck out at noon on any nice day this week.

I had around 0.40” in my Stratus when I left home.

A steady stream of moisture heading NW to SE across the area.

WUNIDS_map.gif.69b7a6a56e9d1a0f1929e3283e06f8c1.gif

12 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

We different. We 70+. We sun. We enjoy. 

It’s shocking how it works this time of year, ha, but you guys are now enjoying the weather I feel like I was a couple weeks ago when Bob was talking endless summer.

It was 70-75F and beautiful top-10 days up here while folks were talking about high dews and no broke back summer down there.  Now it’s 48-52F up north with synoptic chilly rain, low clouds, mist and foliage while the top-10 weather has arrived down there.

This weather up here is sliding solidly into the “have no use for it” level that happens from 40-55F.  Need 60-75F and sun again.  I HATE being cooped up inside, pacing around looking outside like I want to be out in the woods and mountains :lol:.

10 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It’s shocking how it works this time of year, ha, but you guys are now enjoying the weather I feel like I was a couple weeks ago when Bob was talking endless summer.

It was 70-75F and beautiful top-10 days up here while folks were talking about high dews and no broke back summer down there.  Now it’s 48-52F up north with synoptic chilly rain, low clouds, mist and foliage while the top-10 weather has arrived down there.

This weather up here is sliding solidly into the “have no use for it” level that happens from 40-55F.  Need 60-75F and sun again.  I HATE being cooped up inside, pacing around looking outside like I want to be out in the woods and mountains :lol:.

Yeah I can’t complain for a Saturday. You’ll get yours soon enough though. In terms of the weather you want. We still have a long way to go for that here. 

17 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah I can’t complain for a Saturday. You’ll get yours soon enough though. In terms of the weather you want. We still have a long way to go for that here. 

We all need to move through the crap weather period, just different times for different latitudes.  The best autumns are the ones where somehow you go from absolute torch, to that first deep trough bringing a snow chance.  They do happen... like Indian summer type warmth/sunshine high-diurnal ranges, then cold front, deep trough, and then a follow up wave threatens snow.  That's the dream lol.

1 minute ago, mreaves said:

Yeah, today is crap. Yesterday though was nice to be out in the woods. Overcast but not raining and cool but not cold. I will say though that I like day like this once in a while just so I don’t feel guilty sitting on the couch watching football all day. 

i’ve been outside burning brush…good day for it. Had no idea it was cocktails and thongs south of here.