Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October Discussion: Bring the Frost-Hold the Snow

40/70 Benchmark

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Lot of green there. I’m assuming all white pine… right?

In fairness to you, Conway has basically no change yet. It looks like MD still. I can't stand it there. Always like 10 degrees warmer than my house and bumper-to-bumper traffic.

The leaves start to rapidly change as you head up 16 towards Wildcat.

Just now, PhineasC said:

In fairness to you, Conway has basically no change yet. It looks like MD still. I can't stand it there. Always like 10 degrees warmer than my house and bumper-to-bumper traffic.

The leaves start to rapidly change as you head up 16 towards Wildcat.

I love that whole area. Spent a tremendous amount of time there each summer when the girls were kids. Hurricane Mtn cut thru to avoid the traffic was always a place I envisioned having a place tucked back into one of those nice neighborhoods

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Drove over the Kanc today heading over to VT. Thought the colors were muted, but traffic was terr6

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

It’s definitely muted but I actually think the clouds and rain will add some saturation this weekend.  Still a week to 10 days away from peak.  Traffic this afternoon in these parts was like I-93 in the Boston area.  The leaf peepers can have some special moves… saw a right turn blinker but quick left turn maneuver today.  That’s always fun for some chaos.

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It’s definitely muted but I actually think the clouds and rain will add some saturation this weekend.  Still a week to 10 days away from peak.  Traffic this afternoon in these parts was like I-93 in the Boston area.  The leaf peepers can have some special moves… saw a right turn blinker but quick left turn maneuver today.  That’s always fun for some chaos.

Oof. I want to get up there but I'm balking at sitting in traffic lol. Would traffic be substantially better if I came up during a weekday?

17 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Oof. I want to get up there but I'm balking at sitting in traffic lol. Would traffic be substantially better if I came up during a weekday?

Yes.  Big difference between Friday afternoon through Sunday and Mon-Thur.  Friday afternoon is check-in time, ha.  Sunday is check-out.  I’d bet the same is true over in NH on like the Kanc and other scenic routes with substantially more weekend traffic vs a Tuesday.

Saturday has to be the absolute worst day of the week. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, powderfreak said:

Yes.  Big difference between Friday afternoon through Sunday and Mon-Thur.  Friday afternoon is check-in time, ha.  Sunday is check-out.  I’d bet the same is true over in NH on like the Kanc and other scenic routes.

Saturday has to be the absolute worst day of the week. 

Super helpful, thanks. I can use some of this vacation time I never got to use for hurricane season. :axe: 

2 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Super helpful, thanks. I can use some of this vacation time I never got to use for hurricane season. :axe: 

You can also avoid the real touristy spots like Stowe. Part of the problem there is that you have a limited number of routes through the area. Other areas have lots more back roads to explore where you can sort of avoid crowds. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Definitely go on a Tuesday, go thru Crawford Notch, hike up a off road trail like Althusa Falls.  Those views are spectacular, better than a car view.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Brian you asked the other day as well. I responded, anyways xmacis.rcc-acis.org 

Didn't realize that same data was on that site when I was looking for average temps. Anyways thanks. That site has the CDD and HDD as well which I have been looking for. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DotRat_Wx said:

That’s dumb. Love how they reference NY floods. Their idiot governor saying we didn’t know, yet every radar was lit in that area (plenty of coverage, satellites wouldn’t help anything) and there was FFW.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, mreaves said:

You can also avoid the real touristy spots like Stowe. Part of the problem there is that you have a limited number of routes through the area. Other areas have lots more back roads to explore where you can sort of avoid crowds. 

Yeah RT 100 on the whole between Killington to Mad River Valley to Waterbury to Stowe is like the apex of foliage traffic up here.  And very few roads going east west in that stretch due to terrain aside from the Waterbury area.