• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    laikakat
    Newest Member
    laikakat
2021-2022 Fall/Winter Mountains Thread

BlueRidgeFolklore

Went bowling with the family tonight.  Came out to snow falling.  Was quite surprised at how much was on the road.  Road is completely covered in my neighborhood, with about 1/4 inch of dry snow.  Seems we’re at the back edge of the precipitation shield now.  Should be ending soon, I guess.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Maggie Ace said:

Beautiful morning out there. Low of 19 here at the house. Just a trace overnight, but watching that sneaky system for Tuesday. Looks like another active week ahead!

Prefctly timed photos . Well done!

• Like 1

A track right over eastern NC would favor us big time. I was honestly shocked the run only dropped 7-10 inches here. A 970 low west of the OBX would be a mixed bag all the way to Burlington.
That's some serious convective feedback issues. It's been struggling with that a bit. That track would work out pretty well for the mountains. Would toss way more moisture back this way than that run showed.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BooneWX said:

A track right over eastern NC would favor us big time. I was honestly shocked the run only dropped 7-10 inches here. A 970 low west of the OBX would be a mixed bag all the way to Burlington.

Yea, just a passing glance but it looked like it had little to no ensemble support on either model. Going to be an interesting few days.

• Like 1

• jburns unpinned this topic