Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2021-2022 Fall/Winter Mountains Thread

BlueRidgeFolklore

1 hour ago, MotoWeatherman said:

Surprised no one is talking about the incoming snow Friday afternoon through Saturday.  3-6 looks pretty solid above 4000 ft...maybe more.

I posted a bit about it but have just been waiting on the models to shy away from it. But the GFS and to and extent the euro has held serve pretty well. I think a lot of people will see some flakes of snow this weekend. 

• Like 4

Surprised no one is talking about the incoming snow Friday afternoon through Saturday.  3-6 looks pretty solid above 4000 ft...maybe more.
Pretty amazing that we're going from almost 70° today to winter all weekend. I've been waiting for the models to blink like Met, but it doesn't look like they will this time.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

12z GFS continues to look good for this week for flakes in the higher elevations.  Also just something fun the GFS is showing snow around the 20th as well...

Those 500mb maps look wild towards the end of that run. Good ole GooFuS. 

If the 3km NAM verifies we could see some thundersnow in the squalls tomorrow evening. It's pretty generous in moisture with a second wave Saturday afternoon.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Tyler Penland said:

Those 500mb maps look wild towards the end of that run. Good ole GooFuS. 

If the 3km NAM verifies we could see some thundersnow in the squalls tomorrow evening. It's pretty generous in moisture with a second wave Saturday afternoon.

Yeah both waves look good for this time of the year. Wouldn't be surprised to see some heavy squall thundersnow especially with the dynamics of this system. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Buckethead said:

GSP is being less conservative than I expected in my hourly forecast. I doubt they'll issue a WSW thoug...I think you're probably right about a WWA, Thomas.04388ae3ab917a28ec53b6f273c848a4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Yeah I definitely agree. You definitely coyld very warning level but it is late in the season for sure.

8 hours ago, Met1985 said:

12z GFS continues to look good for this week for flakes in the higher elevations.  Also just something fun the GFS is showing snow around the 20th as well...

The SSW PV split 2 to 3 weeks ago is showing it's effects. IF that super cold dump that goes into the intermountain west and western high plains next week as we warm presses eastward fast enough, we could be looking at another shot at snow later in the month as the run shows.

• Like 1

• jburns unpinned this topic