• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2021-2022 Fall/Winter Mountains Thread

BlueRidgeFolklore

Here for the weekend in Boone at 4k off poplar grove/Russ Cornett and I was going to say nothing here but I went to check the floods and there’s a stray flake (that’s being generous) so it’s a win.
Check back early tomorrow morning. I'm betting you'll get a dusting. That spot over into Moses Cone/Flat Top usually does better than spots around in flow snow.

That whole upper half of Shulls Mill didn't completely melt off in spots until a couple weeks ago.

4 hours ago, wncsnow said:

It's going to be cold the next few weeks generally with plenty of frosts and freezes. Where was this in February?

Like clockwork NAO takes a dive this time of year; we will see if it bounces back or if Buckethead is reporting snow in May for the third consecutive year:

image.png.b33d76df8db3f4485bffb2e687bbe88c.png

1 hour ago, Buckethead said:

Moderate snow and 31 this morning in Wolf. A car topper so far (10 minutes or so.)

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Seen a few flakes mixing in here a little bit ago. Actually had a light rain/sleet/snow mix going all at once for about 10 minutes. 

Just April saying hello. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Met1985 said:

Had a low of 23 this morning but the big deal is heading into next weekend. Currently this may be a multi-day upslope event with pulses of energy rotating around a trough sweeping in.

Yeah, looking very interesting at this juncture. May be the biggest April Snowfall in several years in the area.

• Like 1

Next weekend looks interesting (and cold) for sure. I've had a few notable shows in April since moving here in 2017. It still amazes me that it can snow here into May since I came from south of Columbia, where April is almost a summer month.

4/1/20: 2.75"
4/9/18: .75"
4/16/18: 3.75”

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Maggie Ace said:

I watched it start and spread throughout the afternoon and evening from the front porch. Sheepback Fire is nearing the Ridgeline this morning. Thankfully the air drops helped and fire crews were able to surround the homes that have been endangered with pumper trucks. We had winds blowing around 25 mph yesterday afternoon that caused the fire to move rather quickly up Sheepback Mountain. 

Yeah with these winds and low humidity this has been prime for fires catching and spreading through the mountains. 

• jburns unpinned this topic