Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2021-2022 Fall/Winter Mountains Thread

BlueRidgeFolklore

7 minutes ago, WxKnurd said:

Temps continue to plummet, down to 17.  This temp drop is making a run at reaching levels of one I experienced in Ohio way back in like 2014.  45 degrees when I left the hotel in the morning and -2 when I got back to it that evening. 

Yeah no kidding especially in March. Same here.

Shaping up to be the best flow snow event at my new place that I’ve been home thus fa.  No clue on any kind of official total because of the wind earlier when nothing was falling blowing it off my deck but it’s looking like I might be approaching 3” on my deck railing.  The 2-4” call verified for me.  If it does this another 4-6 hours I think I can make a run at 6” and the 30” for the season.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, WxKnurd said:

Shaping up to be the best flow snow event at my new place that I’ve been home thus fa.  No clue on any kind of official total because of the wind earlier when nothing was falling blowing it off my deck but it’s looking like I might be approaching 3” on my deck railing.  The 2-4” call verified for me.  If it does this another 4-6 hours I think I can make a run at 6” and the 30” for the season.

Was just going to posy that it is absolutely ripping again. We should continue to see snow into early night tonight. The wind is howling and the temps continue to fall.

• Like 2

Beautiful flakes off and on through most of the morning, dropped to 20 degrees around 11:30 and now warmed to 23 with sun peeking out. Only got a dusting overnight which melted, then a second dusting mid-morning that's mostly melted.

Definitely underperformed the official forecast but I love seeing flakes flying, regardless!

Congrats to those that cashed in on this March surprise!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Measured 4” on protected areas of my deck, so that’s what I’m going with. 27-28” for the season.  Hovering around 14 degrees after dipping down to 13 earlier. Hiked up to the top of the mountain (4100’) and got blasted by the wind, made for a frozen beard.  View from the little lookout up there. 

5CC9E69A-9940-45EB-9C56-C2CBEBC9E66A.thumb.jpeg.1040807e0f5b2fba689aa6220639cbfb.jpeg

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, WxKnurd said:

Measured 4” on protected areas of my deck, so that’s what I’m going with. 27-28” for the season.  Hovering around 14 degrees after dipping down to 13 earlier. Hiked up to the top of the mountain (4100’) and got blasted by the wind, made for a frozen beard.  View from the little lookout up there. 

5CC9E69A-9940-45EB-9C56-C2CBEBC9E66A.thumb.jpeg.1040807e0f5b2fba689aa6220639cbfb.jpeg

Beautiful!

• jburns unpinned this topic