• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2021-2022 Fall/Winter Mountains Thread

BlueRidgeFolklore

The mountains will have more chances of snow and cold even though we are going into a area wide warmup the next two weeks or so. There may not be a sleet pellet or snowflake for anyone outside the mountains in the foothills piedmont or upstate SC or ga the rest of this winter and into spring I hope I'm wrong but who knows but the mountains are not done with winter type weather snow chances or cold at the least through mid May. They usually never are done with cold snaps in late winter and spring and at least nw flow chances through until the middle of May at times and remember May 92. It's pretty much common sense not to write off the mountains for winter weather on Feb 13th. Way to early even though the next two weeks or so  doesn't look promising for any winter weather threats in the southeast.

• Like 3

The mountains will have more chances of snow and cold even though we are going into a area wide warmup the next two weeks or so. There may not be a sleet pellet or snowflake for anyone outside the mountains in the foothills piedmont or upstate SC or ga the rest of this winter and into spring I hope I'm wrong but who knows but the mountains are not done with winter type weather snow chances or cold at the least through mid May. They usually never are done with cold snaps in late winter and spring and at least nw flow chances through until the middle of May at times and remember May 92. It's pretty much common sense not to write off the mountains for winter weather on Feb 13th. Way to early even though the next two weeks or so  doesn't look promising for any winter weather threats in the southeast.
Yeah, experience tells me that I'm just over halfway through winter up here in Wolf. It would be hard to deliver more than January did, but March is typically my snowiest month (except for last year.)

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Buckethead said:

Yeah, experience tells me that I'm just over halfway through winter up here in Wolf. It would be hard to deliver more than January did, but March is typically my snowiest month (except for last year.)

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Yes sir your exactly right especially at your elevation. You will be measuring snow well into spring up your way. Beautiful area up your way. 

• Like 1

• jburns unpinned this topic