• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2021-2022 Fall/Winter Mountains Thread

BlueRidgeFolklore

GSP saying the GFS model showing cold and snow is an outlier.  Wasn't the GFS the model that locked on to the last couple of storms?  GSP still says that timeframe still needs watching.  
Yeah it's had a decent run with these storms. It's 5 day verification scores have been suffering the last couple weeks, though. It also is a ways out of line from its own ensembles right now.

Eventually one of these storms will amp up rather than slide off the coast.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

10.5 here which is a little above the seasonal average. If we don't get any additional snow it would be right in the middle of the past 18 winters being the 8th snowiest. The snowiest of course was the 2009/10 winter. Of the top 8 snowiest winters, 3 of them came from mostly one storm all winter. This year, 2016 and 2018. 

• Like 3

I was thinking this storm would surely do the NW trend by now on the models.  Kinda weird that all the storms are southern sliders.  It's usually the NW trend.  There isn't a strong high keeping the storm south, that much I understand.  Was hoping the GFS would win out over the Euro.  :ee:

Wow is this place dead, I think the last couple of storms sliding to our southeast has taking the wind out of our sails.  Well Monday the 14th looks like a possibility.  Man we have those storms slide south and east of us then the midwest storm goes up west of us.  What has happened to the good old Gulf Lows we use to get that would slide perfectly to our south to put us on the northwest side of the storm?  We hardly ever get those anymore.  :facepalm:

• Like 1

• jburns unpinned this topic