• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2021-2022 Fall/Winter Mountains Thread

BlueRidgeFolklore

I got over an inch with that 1st batch yesterday and thought wow I overachiever. I have a little less than 5 inches this morning here in Candler!!! Unreal.

I have seen pictures in Swannanoa and East Asheville of 8 inches. I have seen reports of a dusting in some places. Best NW flow since I lived in Leicester 10 years ago. MET 1985 and Hunter nailed this one. 

• Like 7

I got over an inch with that 1st batch yesterday and thought wow I overachiever. I have a little less than 5 inches this morning here in Candler!!! Unreal.
I have seen pictures in Swannanoa and East Asheville of 8 inches. I have seen reports of a dusting in some places. Best NW flow since I lived in Leicester 10 years ago. MET 1985 and Hunter nailed this one. 

Awesome Jason!!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ncjoaquin said:

Thank you brother! This was a beautiful event! And still coming down! From reports on Facebook a lot of surprised people this morning. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

This is at my property in Crabtree. 8 inches and counting. 

FB_IMG_1643460965077.jpg

FB_IMG_1643461088290.jpg

Awesome Met! I was thinking 3” was gonna be high end but based on what you are reporting I’m guessing 6-8” at my place. Busted into the single digits with a wind chill in the negative teens.  I’m jealous of you guys, hate I missed it! 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, WxKnurd said:

Awesome Met! I was thinking 3” was gonna be high end but based on what you are reporting I’m guessing 6-8” at my place. Busted into the single digits with a wind chill in the negative teens.  I’m jealous of you guys, hate I missed it! 

Man I hate you missed this. I busted on the low end but that's a good thing! Hunter did great with his forecast. It's absolutely beautiful here. We have almost as much as we did two weekends ago.

11 minutes ago, Maggie Ace said:

Measured 3.8 inches, but there was compaction and gusty winds last night and I measured 2.4 inches around 9 PM lastnight. I'm happy that the storm was an overachiever and that our friends and guests are very happy! Great job Met! Thankfully I can use the leaf blower on the driveway instead of shoveling for a couple of days!

Im happy for you man! Enjoy and don't overdo it!

• Like 1

Just now, Met1985 said:

Man I hate you missed this. I busted on the low end but that's a good thing! Hunter did great with his forecast. It's absolutely beautiful here. We have almost as much as we did two weekends ago.

I experienced an overachiever out hunting in Wyoming last year so it all equals out lol. Hopefully there will be a 95 runner before the end of our season so we have a mountain region wide 8-12”+ storm from Murphy to Jefferson and valleys to ridge tops.  I must have brought the mojo with me when I moved back lol. Been a crazy month post-Christmas after that horrible December.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, calculus1 said:

Yep, @Hvward was right on with his map for Catawba County.  Completely blanked.

My in-laws in Black Mountain are reporting around 2 inches.  We're heading up there this afternoon.  Hard to believe that somewhere in Swannanoa got 8 inches, as that's only like 3 miles away from their house.

Didn't measure but I estimate less than 2 inches IMBY in East Asheville.  Have fun in Black Mountain.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, WinstonSalemArlington said:

Anyone know what Asheville’s seasonal total so far is now?

10.5 at the airport as of midnight last night. I am not sure if they got much after midnight. It was pretty bare over there when I took my daughter home.  I am at 16 inches at my house. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, LiQuiDBuD said:

Wow that's crazy. Just 30 miles east-southeast we only got 1/2" or so. We always get the NWFS shaft.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Must of been a near perfect set up for my area that’s the most I’ve got in nwfs since the day after Christmas 2010. Didn’t have to go far down the road today and totals cut drastically.

• Like 2

• jburns unpinned this topic